Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically are there any treatments that are better or any you should stay away from. Thanks in advance

Rich

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Calvin,

That's why I shoot in this. My guns look like new.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Bluing is a beautiful rust finish to protect the metal from air and water. Not from your sweaty hands.

You can do whatever you want with your guns, but if you want to keep it rust free and retain most of it's value, you better keep you hands off the metal parts.

Blue Book of Gun Value rate firearms by the % of remaining finish on it.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Just shoot the damned thing! I get so tired of guys treating their guns like a piece of fragile jewelry. It's a tool! Use it, clean it and put it away. Bill

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Gloves! You could always drag it behind the vehicle on the way to the club, then you won't have to worry about it anymore, also.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Sorry for the hijack and rant, but this is one of my pet peeves. I had a friend that bought a new gun, not so much high dollar and didn't shoot it for a year because he was afraid of a blemish. Another guy at our local club walks his across the parking lot between rounds and leaves it in his truck. come on! these are only bt-99's. Sigh....come on spring...Bill

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
My Ljutic was re- blued in 1992 and it still looks almost like it was done yesterday. My gunsmith used Brownell's Dicropan hot bluing and it is holding up really well.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Richiemac said it using the Renaissance Wax. It is good stuff and is used for museum grad wood, metal etc. Really gives off good gloss and is durable. DO NOT carry your gun by the receiver. Use the forend.

Good Shooting

·
Banned
556 Posts
I use Turtle wax on my Metal Parts. Keeps them shiny and new looking.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I put a carefully cut piece of clear packing tape on the long tangs of my early Brownings...keeps them like new..just like I like them

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
nickel finish.......nuff' said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.