Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the Pros and Cons for holding a high gun when shooting doubles. If you hold a high gun, how high do you hold it? E.g. 1/2, 2/3, etc. high to the apex of the target?

Thanks!

· Registered
335 Posts
The way I was taught is to have a little vertical movement to the first target and try to shoot the second target like a 16 yard target . In my opinion if you are shooting your second target the same range as a handicap target , it's hard to compete .

· Registered
2,144 Posts
I think a lot of people thing they shoot the pair faster by holding a higher gun and more or less try to spot shoot the first target and will likely hold at it's apex because that is the easiest place to shoot it,but for me the opposite is true if I hold a lower gun and track the first target I actually shoot it and the pair much faster,if you shoot it at it's apex as you mentioned that means the other target is also at it's apex and will be falling when you get to it that is what you don't want for sure. Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.