Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of talk about this, and I know small clubs that never touch it.

Show us the right way please. What grit paper? How often? More tips and tricks for spin?

And please no debate here. Just give us a how-to or move on.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been here for 11 years and its a sincere question. If there's past threads with tips I missed them.

·
Banned
962 Posts
You can get a grove to form on the rubber or the the lower edge can get ratty or rounded.

You can reshape it square and clean with 100 grit paper or a sanding block.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Uncock it / check it for smoothness/ only sand it if you have a problem / otherwise leave it alone.
Henry

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I recommend using about an 8 inch long piece of wood or box tubing, about 1 1/2 " square 100 grit paper, after the machine is decocked and disabled

·
Registered
595 Posts
I still say we need a sarcasm button. Lester

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF? I had no idea this topic was as bad as 71/2 or 8 shot.

I didn't know people would be so troubled by the question. I've just seen too many clubs not sanding the trap arm.

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
WTF? I had no idea this topic was as bad as 71/2 or 8 shot.

I didn't know people would be so troubled by the question. I've just seen too many clubs not sanding the trap arm.
Obviously your one of those NOT sanding your arms, if your asking this silly question!
MG

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
That's correct. I'm not the trap maintenance guy.
So if you consider this a trap maintenance issue and by YOUR own admission, YOUR NOT a trap maintenance guy, then why do YOU wish to know?
Silly trolls, usually ask silly questions!
MG

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because I could offer to help, since they don't know. I'm friends with the trap people. and I'm not a troll.

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
Screenshot_20200517-222424_Chrome.jpg
Because I could offer to help, since they don't know. I'm friends with the trap people. and I'm not a troll.
Oh, there's no doubt that your a troll.
Do you know how to tie your own shoes?
That's the type of question, you've asked!
There isn't a TRAP MAINTENANCE GUY alive, that doesn't know how to sand the arm.
MG

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I'm not. If you're talking about paid trap mechanics, that's probably correct. But I'm talking about small clubs in the country like mine that have one trap and various volunteers. some are paid to fill machines and report broken machines but they may not even shoot trap. I'm talking also about putting spin on a target. I thought there may be even more tricks to it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts