Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an internal selector installed in my MX trigger..
Is there a way to easily remove and install the group. As it is it is very difficult.
Thanx
mike

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Your frame may be slightly sprung from overnighting. Or damage. You might have to fit the trigger to it or adjust the frame....or kinda hard to fix by long distance....lol....merlyn

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
I have had an internal selector installed in my MX trigger..
Is there a way to easily remove and install the group. As it is it is very difficult.
Thanx
mike

Was it not this way prior to having selector installed?

How is it difficult? Is safety hard to push forward? Is trigger group hard to remove after safety is pushed forward?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Take a loaded shot shell and use the edge of the crimped end to push the safety forward. Place the edge against the back edge of the safety while pushing forward with one hand and pulling down on the trigger guard with the other. It's difficult to get the safety far enough forward with just your thumb.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Go on Don Rackleys web site but the safety replacement he sells along with a new plastic that goes underneath it. What a difference...gives you way more leverage!!! 4 min install...very easy!!

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
If you have the round button safety that are found on some of the MX's they can be a pain in the Butt! Don's replacement works like a charm. Money well spent on the safety that Don sells. Makes life better!

·
Registered
464 Posts
When the stock bolt on my "P" gun is supper tight it seems to pull tight the sides of the housing the trigger slides into effectively narrowing the sides of that slot. As such the sides of the trigger housing in the receiver tend to hold on to the trigger tighter and make it difficult to remove. Backing off the stock bolt releases that tension and facilitates easier removal.
Once you put your trigger back in remember to snug up your stock bolt as if it is too loose it is possible to crack your stock on firing your gun. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
When the stock bolt on my "P" gun is supper tight it seems to pull tight the sides of the housing the trigger slides into effectively narrowing the sides of that slot. As such the sides of the trigger housing in the receiver tend to hold on to the trigger tighter and make it difficult to remove. Backing off the stock bolt releases that tension and facilitates easier removal.
Once you put your trigger back in remember to snug up your stock bolt as if it is too loose it is possible to crack your stock on firing your gun. Hope this helps.
That is simply because the stocks are not properly bedded to the action.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
As mentioned by others, the simple test of loosening the stock bolt tells instantly if improper bedding is at fault. I also had one that was too tight on the sides and simply removing the stock revealed that.

That is not to say that triggers cannot be improperly fitted as well since there is no permit required to "repair" a Perazzi.

BTW - I'd be interested to know what the "safety spring" is and where that is located?

thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts