Trapshooters Forum banner

Proper gun fit

1736 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Rhodesengr
I'd recently purchased a Browning BT-99 in Grade 1. I need to place the gun on my shoulder quite high; so that maybe the lower inch of the stock is against my shoulder. Does anyone know of a gunsmith / someone who can make modifications to the gun so it'll properly fit me? (I live in the Antigo, WI area).
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Citori 725 sporting, Beretta Silver Pidgeon, Nemo
162 Posts
I had my 725 fitted by Murphy and Sons in Augusta , Ks. Its a long way but I am really satified with the job done. Don't know if it could be done online or not.

· Registered
Citori 725 sporting, Beretta Silver Pidgeon, Nemo
162 Posts
Thru some fandangled process they bent the stock in and lowered it. Not sure how they did it. Took about 2 months to get it back. He mentioned they have a special solution that was developed for this process. Fits like a glove. Didn't mar the finish. They did a fantastic job. Unlike when Browning fixed my barrel when a remington shell got wet and bulged it. Remington paid for it. It came back from Browning looking like they dropped it.

· Premium Member
2,417 Posts
I used one like this on my LC Smith I use for vintage clays. It’s an option, not saying it’s the right one for you.https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/butt-plate-parts/butt-plates/browning-citori-butt-plate-stock-adjuster-prod72272.aspx

· Premium Member
607 Posts
BT99 comes in versions with two different Graco products: The adjustable butt plate and the Gracoil

Either of these can be retrofit. The plates are over-sized so they need to be shaped. The Gracoil gives you the adjustable plate but also LOP adjustment and a recoil absorber. My 725 trap max came with that and my BT99 came with the adjustable plate. The Gracoil adds about an inch so either the stock needs to be cut or you can get the "micro" stock and put the Gracoil on that.

The easiest thing to do is send your stock to Graco and have them do the whole thing. I just did that with my Ethos. I bough a new compact stock and a Gracoil and sent them both back to Graco for installation. Ask for Tracie.

The mounting holes probably won't line up and both the butt pad and plates need to be shaped. They will fix all that. Graco has a large number of Kickeez pads you can choose from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.