Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Last time I looked 2 four pound kegs of Red Dot Cost more than a 8 pound container. In fact it always has. If your store is charging you for Promo what 2 four pound containers of Red Dot cost you are really getting it in the shorts. I'd have them varify the price as I think they made a mistake. Post-2

·
Registered
39 Posts
That sounds too high for promo. Ask them to verify that. I am paying about $78 for 8lbs and it goes a long ways - 16gr ea for a short yardage shell.

-C

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I can't imagine Promo and Red Dot being the same price. If they were, all of us shooting Promo would stop using it and go to Red Dot. While Promo is a pretty good powder, it is not in the same league, nor is it as consistant, as Red Dot. All things being equal, I would choose Red Dot every time, but, Promo is close enough, and cheap enough for 16yd and first shot on double shells, that it gives Promo the advantage...... Just my opinion. Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
11,602 Posts
Promo is $85 at Gamaliel and Red Dot is $100. Not much of a difference after you factor in all the loads with 8 pounds !!! Just figured it out. It comes to .12 cents a box. To each his own. Break-em all. Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.