Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 1oz recipe using Promo powder, Remington STS hulls, Remington TGT 12 wad and Winchester primers.

Alliant's website shows the above recipe, but only using Remington primers. At 1200fps it would take 18.0 grains and produces 8700 psi.

Are there any concerns substituting the Remington primer with Winchester? I emailed Alliant and haven't received their recommendations yet. Any suggestions?

Tom Richardson

·
Registered
41 Posts
17.6 grains promo ,green duster, Nobel sport primer, my favorite 1 ounce in sts,nitro,gun clubs

I switch to rio primer in the winter

·
Banned
9,754 Posts
The nobel Sport is a good match for the win. primer. My favorite 1 oz. load is 18grs. of Promo with an STS Hull and a 1oz. pink win. wad (or claybuster clone). Hammers e'm. Promo matches red dot in performance,but, is not quite as consistent from lot to lot so use a scale when changing lots of powder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you want a cheap practice/1st shot of doubles load use 16gr. of Promo & 7/8oz. of 8.5 shot. Don't use Federal primers as they are magnum primers & have a recessed anvil. Fiocchi primers are cheap and have a nice flat striking surface. If you put the gun in the right place this load will smoke a target! Cheap AND very little felt recoil. IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts