Trapshooters Forum banner

promo 12 ga. 3/4oz?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  1oldtimer 
#1 ·
I have heard of a lot of people loading 3/4 oz. loads in 12 gauge but I cannot find any published recipe's on alliant's website. I checked green dot, red dot, and promo. where are people finding the published data for this load? Or are they using a different powder company? Thank you in advance for any input. Joe

#8 ·
I load from 17 to 19 gr of Promo on straight wall hulls with both 3/4 and 7/8 ounce. Snappy little loads, I like 'em. Just be sure to load it grain for grain if using Red Dot data, just a bit denser than RD as stated above. It is the next in speed right below RD on the chart. I like TiteWad far better, but I have way more Promo than TiteWad right now.

#9 ·
Rick Barker,
I checked your link and it shows using extra-lite, but also shows using a 7/8 oz wad. I don't know if that is a misprint or? I'm confused, I would like to see a published recipe using promo since I have 8 lbs of it but I don't want to get the crap kicked out of me. I shot a round a couple weeks ago using factory 1 1/8 oz loads and had a nice bruise on my cheek to show for it.

Thanks, Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.