Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm considering a set of Project Rudy shooting glasses for my oldest son. He is rough on shooting glasses to be kind. Half the time, he grabs the closest pair of safety glasses out of my truck, and I didn't take the best care of those either. The Project Rudy Rydon glasses come with life time lens replacements and cover scratches. Any opinions, they run around $225 with five lens colors?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards,

Todd /Illinois

·
5,242 Posts
Maybe shooting through scratched glasses might serve a purpose...

For yourself, paying the bills, it's a different matter - however, I don't have any experience with the glasses you're asking about... most up here use one of the Randolph Ranger systems...

Regards,

Jay

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Hi Todd, I've never used that brand of shooting glasses. I recently sent my Ranger frames in for repair that I'd lost on a dirt road while deer hunting in Ohio. The road had been plowed for snows twice before I missed my glasses!! I later found them on the road, bent them back into shape and used them till the nose guard finally broke off! Ranger just sent me a new set of frames, no charge! Take a peek at the Ranger line of shooting glasses also, they are some kind of tough!

HAP

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: I have used the Rudy Project glasses for 7 years and they are great. I use Rydons for pistol and shotgun shooting. There are discount codes out there so you will get them cheaper. You can also look at the XX2i glasses as well. I have a pair of those. They have a great warranty and the lens quality is as good as the Rudys. The discount code for the XX2i is Pistol I believe. I really like the lens warranty on both glasses as well as the frame warranty. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
62 Posts
The lens replacement guarantee is going to cost you something like $25 each time you use it so its not 'free'. The other problem is...it only applies to currently manufactured glasses. I've got a the Rudy Project Freeon glasses...they are no longer manufactured. If I scratch a lens...I'm SOL because they no longer have lenses for those anymore. Its going to cost me a whole lot more than $25 if I scratch them.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: The lens replacement is $19 for shipping/handling and I send a couple of lenses in when I need to replace them. So it costs only $19. Try to do that with some of the other glass companies. I have and they don't. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't have any experience with Rudy glasses. What I do use are Smith optics V90 Max glasses. They come with a sunglasses tint (useless for shooting), a clear, and one they call ignitor. I like the ignitor in sunlight and of course the clear in dull light. They have no frame so the vision is not obstructed at the edges. I found 2 sets on ebay for $90.00 each recently.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Not sure how much use the Laser Copper or Action Brown lenses in the Rudy set would see. So you are down to a 3 lens package(red, yellow and clear)

Using the coupon code skeetman posted you can get Ranger XLW or Edge frames and 3 lenses for $175 with free ship if you buy the frames and lenses in 2 separate orders. If you really need 5 lenses, they would be about $20 more than the Rydons.

Also with the Rangers you have the option of adding custom colors using either Clarence at Custom Sportswear and Optical or Mike at L&M Lenses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Laser Copper is my absolute favorite! When the sun is up high it makes the birds stand out like nothing else! You have 25 different colors to chose if you want. I ordered a deep purple and a light purple. I use clear, the purple and laser copper the most out of the whole set.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello All,
After a few hours research, I held back on the Project Rudy glasses. I ordered a set of Randolph Ranger Classic with the Color Mag set. I had to place an order, and my wife the other half in order to use the promo code. Shipping was not included by the way. Frames were $107, and lenses were $66. A total of $173. I tried to order through my local RE stocking distributor, and was willing to pay a little extra, but they told me those prices are below their cost.

I still may order a Rudy set and keep the Rangers for myself.

Thanks,

Todd / Illinois

·
Registered
274 Posts
They are a BIG hit on the Flyer circuit right now ......I could name 120 top tier contenders who are currently wearing them.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts