Trapshooters Forum banner

Which Progressive Press Would You Want?

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well, we decided on the MEC 9000E. So far so good, however, I've noticed that some of the Rem GC hulls seem to be out of spec on the case head. Every 4-5 rounds, one will fit very tight under the shell plate and it makes the press jump a tad. The primer will sometimes turn sideways, upside down, or jump out of the shell plate while rotating. I've loaded some AA and this does not happen.

Again thanks to everyone for the advice and recommendations. Truly appreciated.

-=Break em all=-
Lowe
The MEC experts on shotgunworld.com can help you with any problem you with your 9000. You'll find the fixes/adjustments for your primer issues.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Agree......3mins/box.....shoot 300/week. Only 410 AAs but found that Clever Mirage out of the bucket respond nicely with 5 reloads using Win. recipe. The crimp gets brittle sooner than AAs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I had the funds it’d Spolar all the way. Mecs are great but my Grabber does require a little mechanical ability, which I have little of. I’ve had to watch lots of vids to trouble shoot problems. Pretty sure the 9000 would take some mechanical attention to keep running plus if you have several people running it I doubt that they all will be able to make it work correctly.
ive reloaded metallic cartridges on a Dillon 550B for years and recommended that model over the faster 650 because the 550 was manually indexed.That allows the operator to stop and check cases if something goes wrong, which it does. The Grabber is also manually indexed which allows the operator to stop production when there is a problem. It isn’t as fast as a true progressive though.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Unless you can afford the Cortini & Pezzotti loader you'd had better settle on a Spolar. LOL. (fast forward to about 2.32) It may even make you an espresso while its at it.
Seriously buy the Spolar Hydraulic & you'll never look back.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
^^That machine is not a REloader.
Read what’s written (loader) lol posted jokingly but Intended to emphasize that the Spolar on hydraulics is the best option.
the Cortini & Pezzotti loads pre primed hulls like the ones the curmudgeon sells 😉
It still might brew you an expresso.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would still vote for MEC9000. See how this "crew:" sticks together. Who ever is going to buy the initial hulls needs to agree to stick with hulls that use the same wads. Othewise you will find the machine settings changed for xxx and you want to load yyy.
If you try too many different hulls, crap will happen.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Spolars dont flip out if you use different wads & as far as hulls go if you watch the user video on the Spolar website youll see Mishell Spolar demonstrating & at aprox 44.00 on the timeline using a variety of hulls, Win, Fed & Rem variations on the loader. That all having been said the spolar users Ive met that graduated from all different loaders over the years wished they went spolar from the start. The only other machine that comes close would be a PW & even they get 2nd place. Once your on hydraulics your really cooking with gas.
PS let me add the only complaint Ive heard about the spolar is the primer tray isn't quite wide enough for the euro primer packs to slide in. All the standard USA pks have no issue. to be clear its not the primers but the pkg dimensions that present the issue.( LOL) anyone with PEZ experience might relate.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts