Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know our ATA officials are busy getting ready for the Grand at Linn Creek. Sure hope they don't limit the singles.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Possibly like reduce a 200 target event to 100. A couple years ago a bad spring storm caused the MTA to shorten the championship singles for lack of time to get it all in after the storm blew through. It will be interesting. I have my reservations and plan to be there.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,243 Posts
Possibly like reduce a 200 target event to 100. A couple years ago a bad spring storm caused the MTA to shorten the championship singles for lack of time to get it all in after the storm blew through. It will be interesting. I have my reservations and plan to be there.
Hopefully not, at least for the championship targets. But since just about all singles are carried over, it won’t matter a ton except for how many are in the carryover I guess.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
Hopefully not, at least for the championship targets. But since just about all singles are carried over, it won’t matter a ton except for how many are in the carryover I guess.
It will matter to anyone lacking the 200 Singles leg of their Grand Slam. ( there are some ) Because for some shooters there really isn’t a “next year”. I shot a squad that broke 400 x 400 with the fourth guy having gone 17 years between 100’s. If the guy gets on a good squad where everyone reinforces each other to the point of running them both days the carryovers don’t count for the 200 goal and he/she may never get on a squad like that again.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,243 Posts
It will matter to anyone lacking the 200 Singles leg of their Grand Slam. ( there are some ) Because for some shooters there really isn’t a “next year”. I shot a squad that broke 400 x 400 with the fourth guy having gone 17 years between 100’s. If the guy gets on a good squad where everyone reinforces each other to the point of running them both days the carryovers don’t count for the 200 goal and he/she may never get on a squad like that again.
That is an excellent point.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As in limit the number of people that can shoot or decrease the number of singles events?
Both. Or , heaven forbid, cut singles from 200 to 150 or 100.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Both. Or , heaven forbid, cut singles from 200 to 150 or 100.
Charlie, no offense but ,if they had to cut the numbers in the singles event I wouldn't mind. To me the only thing worse that having to shoot 100 singles is having to shoot 200 of them ! There are only 3 reasons I shoot them at all. They figure in the All Around championships, they have to be figured in to compete for a slot on the state team , and unless you shoot 500 of the darned things in a target year you are not considered for a yardage reduction if you handicap scores have gone south . I bet half of the ATA members don't know about the last one because probably less than half the members actually READ the rule book. Since you like singles I hope for your sake they keep them to a 200 bird event but as for me --not so much . How ever many they have , I hope you smoke e'm all ! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I live in Missouri now, used to be Kansas, Wyoming , Oklahoma, California and Texas. I have shot Missouri larger shoots many times. I have gone to the Grand many times. I am sure there is no way the regular Grand events can happen at the scheduled time frame. So this creates some adjustment of some kind. Shorter numbers, elimination of some events or make it a two week Grand. I can guarantee there will be some who complains about what ever happens, some who will not complain and some who understands and is thankful that there is a Grand in 2020. I see it like this in layman's terms you can not put 10 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound bag. By the way I live in Jasper county Missouri and the Virus is spiking like a wildfire. I suppose there is the possibly by the time we get to the time for the Grand The virus will be going wild and Missouri will say NO! I sure hope not!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts