Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of these new (at least to me) air inflatable recoil pads used, on a pure whim. I'm always looking for a new gimmick to reduce recoil. It fit my Ljutic PFS perfectly and the price was right. I installed it yesterday, then took it out to the range and shot 100 rounds. WOW, I could not believe the reduction I felt in recoil. I am so recoil sensitive I shoot a release trigger, use a soft PFS, and shoot light 1 once loads. All of these things help with my inability to keep the gun in my shoulder. But, with the addition of the Air Pad, recoil has almost disappeared. It didn't ever seem as if the gun moved back, jumped, or have any type of movement. I was surprised and impressed. It comes with a little hand pump with a needle valve to pump air into it, with a pressure adjusting valve. I put a few squirts of air in and made it about half as soft to squeeze than my Kick-ease pad. It worked great. I don't know how long it will last, but it appears to be made out of quality material. The guy that I bought it from said he only shot one box of shells using it, so it was like new when I receive it. If your recoil sensitive like I am, try one of these, I think you will be pleasantly surprised, I was. Oh! By the way, I am not affiliated with the company, nor do I even know who designed it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much does it cost? They don't have a price on their website.
From the website:

"Another great feature is the owner can replace the rubber portion if needed as opposed to replacing the whole pad.

The pad does not add any extra weight and does not require any custom fitting.

The AIR pad comes with the portable pocket pump and appropriate screws to fasten to the buttstock. There is a one year manufacturer’s warranty. Price is $150.00 – available now!"

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
$150 is not that bad all things considered. I paid way more to have (2) trap guns fitted with recoil reduction systems about 6-7 years ago.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The screw hole spacing is 3 1/8 inch, standard for most pads. I'll get it added to the dimensions on the web site.
Thanks eightbore for pointing that out. Larry Butler

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I was considering one of these due to the fact you can adjust on your own,i already have an air-hawk seat cover for my motorcycle i road to Alaska and it worked great you blow it up by mouth and very little air makes big difference.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I know who made it. The guy that invented the famous no-recoil Butler Automatic for $8000.00. Well he should make some money this new air recoil pad, because it sure works for me. But, in combination with a release trigger, PFS, and one once light rounds , as I stated above. I ordered a 1/2" pitch insert from PFS to get the final little bit of barrel jump out of the gun....Who knows maybe I can get 90% reduction in perceived recoil (tricking my brain, for sure) out of the gun with all the gadgets and tricks?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
No disrespect to this product or the manf, but this reminds me of that great scene in 1978 film 'Revenge of the Pink Panther' where Clouseau has to keep pumping up his inflatable parrot as part of his old sea dog disguise.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My experience with air or shock absorber (fluid filled) is that the leaking becomes a problem at the worst time. Gracoil is practically a chevy small block valve spring. Just keeps on compressing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I found out you cannot grind the pad as it's an air bladder. All my guns I measured are smaller by .300 so the pad would stick out all around the stock. They reccommend a stock adjuster then the pad. I have no idea what a stock adjuster looks like.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts