Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done business with ballistic specialties a number of times and recently had their angle port choke tubes put in my remington 90t barrel.While shooting my usual one ounce number eights,the barrel split open right at the choke thread line.A new 90t barrel is around $1200 and they havn't even called me back about the problem.I shipped them the barrel a couple of weeks ago per their request and would think they would stand behind their work.What do you readers think?
Jeff Fillmore Byron Il.

·
Premium Member
10,356 Posts
I know they stand behind their work- my guess is the problem was something else- was the choke tube damaged when you inserted it? did it blow out or bend ?

Why havent you called them? Maybe they are trying to resolve the issue if it was their fault

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, spoke with ballistic speciaties and they said what they would do is cut the aprox. two inches off my barrel, re-thread it and replace the choke that was in there and re-install the bead. So my 34in. ballel is now a 32 or less. They said it would take two weeks. Should I be satisfied with this?

Jeff in Byron

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are barrels available for this gun? Was it a high rib? Keep us informed. If bbls are available they should obtain a new one for you.They have contacts in the shot gun world--probably more than you do.Someone will do them a " favor" and find one .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.