Trapshooters Forum banner

problems with spolar gold reloader

4836 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Jmreiser
Listen, this is a top of the line reloader. We have had it many years, but haven't reloaded in a couple years due to issues. I think it is mostly my fault though. We are using somewhat of a shaky table where everytime you pull the handle down, the table shakes and shutters. It will load double shot loads, drop no powder, etc. We were stupid for not buying a rigid table. I am thinking about buying the reloading table from spolar. Plus it's dirty as hell and that can cause problems too.

Anybody else have problems from a shaky table?

Thanks,

Chris
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
I wouldn’t think it would be that much of a problem
Clean and lube it and run it with out shells
Is it manually operated or power unit?
It should move smoothly
If not make sure everything is tight

· Registered
1,100 Posts
First place to start would be to get a solid table. Next, clean everything. Drain the bottles and pull the charge bar. Pull all the primers from the track and all of the shell holders. Get a shop vac or compressed air and get rid of any stray shot and powder.
Get the manual or video out and start residual cleaning and lubricating as you put it back together. Worst case, call Dicksie. That machine shouldn’t double charge shot. Only issue I ever had with mine was primers hanging in the track.
I hauled it to Sparta and had Carter adjust it years ago. It’s been fine since.

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
So you let the loader get dirty and against the manuals recommendation mounted the loader on a flimsy table and now want to blame the loader for problems ? The table from Spolar is no longer offered for sale.....

· Premium Member
8,267 Posts
Listen, this is a top of the line reloader. We have had it many years, but haven't reloaded in a couple years due to issues. I think it is mostly my fault though. We are using somewhat of a shaky table where everytime you pull the handle down, the table shakes and shutters. It will load double shot loads, drop no powder, etc. We were stupid for not buying a rigid table. I am thinking about buying the reloading table from spolar. Plus it's dirty as hell and that can cause problems too.

Thanks,

Chris
Are you trying to be creative in route to 50 posts?

I don't see how you could drop double shot charges no matter how wobbly the table is.

Powder would have to have clogged tube if bar is actual going full travel.

Neither of these would be from a wobbly table.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
In my limited experience with my new to me Spolar you are not bringing the handle all the way back to the top position which advances the shell to the next stage. I am not sure about the shot thing but perhaps that could be with not cycling the machine fully.

The wobbly table doesn't help either. I built this today for my head to head, Spolar vs. MEC 9000. I have the hydro's for the Spolar. Loser goes to the for sale section. Total cost to me was 3-2x4's. $20. Had the countertop.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the support everyone.

KS-OKIE I literally said in my first post that it was my fault and not the reloader's fault. It actually isn't my reloader. It is my Dad's reloader and I am trying to help him out by getting it operational again.

No pheasantmaster, I am not trying to be creative to get to 50 posts. I am trying to help my dad out. He has been out of the reloading game for awhile and is trying to get back in it.

He has the instructional video. I will watch it this week and make the appropriate changes.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Chipped99:
I was thinking of upgrading to a Spolar or a PW. If it takes that amount of tools to keep them running, no thanks. I think you need a bigger hammer.

Just giving you a ration.
Good looking set ups.
If you need any assistance getting rid of those W209 primers or Remington Shot drop me a PM.

cgrim9 - Good luck getting the Spolar cleaned up and running. It should run like a champ when you are done.

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Birdk9, when you are old and senile as myself you tend to put the most used and easily misplaced items in a conspicuous location so relocation of said items are locatable...........The tools necessary for the Spolars are in the drawer of the Spolar table.......both of them! The rest of the mess you refer to are for the PW's and the Mec's.............LOL.......If I should decide to liquidate any of the components I'll drop you a line. Thank you for the nice comment on my mess, it keeps an old guy happy and shooting while I still can.

· Registered
586 Posts
In my limited experience with my new to me Spolar you are not bringing the handle all the way back to the top position which advances the shell to the next stage. I am not sure about the shot thing but perhaps that could be with not cycling the machine fully.

The wobbly table doesn't help either. I built this today for my head to head, Spolar vs. MEC 9000. I have the hydro's for the Spolar. Looser goes to the for sale section. Total cost to me was 3-2x4's. $20. Had the countertop. View attachment 1745988
It’s loser, not looser. Not sure what you’d be comparing head to head between a MEC and a Spolar. Both are American made loaders with good customer support but that’s where the comparison ends, in my opinion. If you end up posting the Spolar for sale it should go quickly as the demand for them is just as impressive as the loader is itself.

Reactions: MRS. KS-OKIE

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Sharptail, I fixed my spelling, thanks.
I have some parts coming from Spolar early next week so I can load the shells I like to shoot. Got several hundred empties waiting. I've loaded enough of what the loader was set up for to learn the workings of it. Looks like a great machine but I have had very little trouble with the 9000's running the automate. As fast as I can put a hull and wad in place I can cycle the machine so the speed of things won't be much different. I am anxious to crank out some shells with the Spolar.

· Premium Member
877 Posts

Thanks,

Chris
Tie that table to the wall and stop the Hokey-Pokey movement. One 2X4 will do the trick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.