Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I box it up for a trip to Coles, are there any suggestion. Symptoms are failure to tranfer from one barrel to the other barrel after fireing. I can manually select the second barrel an it will then fire. I suspect sonething in the transfer bar system

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: I had the same problem on a used 682. I took the stock off and cleaned the trigger assemble and everything works fine now. You may just need a cleaning and don't over oil it. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Most likely the inertia block lever spring. That very small diameter hairpin spring is the cause for about 80% of the triggers not transferring for the second shot.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Sounds like your inertia spring in broken...Easy fix if you have the new spring, and know what you are doing...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Another vote for the #098 inertia spring. Type in "687 Firing problem" in the SEARCH category & there is an explanation for the fix. Part is cheap but the fix is a little tedious. John

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Its the inertia spring. You should consider doing this yourself, not that difficult and you will gain a lot of knowledge about how your Beretta works.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I agree on the inertia spring issue.

Do this...

Take the stock off of the gun, locate the inertial block spring and inertia block lever spring (#'s 94 & 88 in attached image) - most likely the inertia block spring (94) -chances are one of these is broken. If not broken then clean action well and try again.

If broken... You will need to know the wire diameter of the spring wire, then call Coles - they should have it in stock, but there are different diameters so you will need to know that up front.

Ask to speak with 'tech' and they can explain the springs, how to change them, etc. - It is easy to do, you just need some guidance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts