Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new 687 combo in May of 07 I am new to the sport of trapshooting so I have only been shooting 16 yards and handicap. This year though I feel that I will be able to get into doubles. Went to the range with my O/U to set it up so it would have the same POI as my single barrel. I set it using Neil's method,16yards,bench rest etc. The lower barrel shoots about 2 inchec below the top one. Does anyone know someone at Beretta that I can speak with that would help me fix this or am I out of luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
The email address of Beretta USA's product repair manager is above. I'm sure Rick will help you with this condition.

Ed

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Let us know how it went after you've talked to Beretta about the problem Michael, I hate to sound cynical but I suspect Beretta's answer will be that it's within their factory tolerances?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I bought a new unsingle barrel from Beretta, it shot 6" to he left and they are going to replace it with a new one...4 month lead time.

tony

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a Joel Etchen Combo. I have no problem. Unsingle is set up to shoot the same as the double barrel. Both Barrels on the O/U shoot the same. Nice gun. I'm glade I got it.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I've test-fired and set up three of Joel's 687 combos, one top single and two unsingles. None of them had any POI problems.

Ed

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
If you are going to use the gun for doubles it would be good if the first barrel shot a high POI and the second barrel shot a flat POI. If you can shoot he top barrel for the first shot and the bottom barrel for the second shot you might find it perfect for doubles. HMB

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think you do not have a problem. I am not positive but I do not think the barrels of any double barrel whether they be SxS or over under will converge at only 13 to 16 yards. Someone help me here but I think convergence does not occur untill the 30 to 40 yard range.
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.