Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
(But where are all the trap shooters in this organization?)

Probably shooting trap. ;-)

PSCA.......... Professional Sporting Clays Association.

BTW......... Dan Carlisle

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Ballast my foot...more like anchors!

Pat

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
There will be trapshooters. Look for All American trapshooter Jimmy Heller who has been competing in
sporting clays for several years now.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
A good wing shot is just that regardless of which game is played with or without feathers attached. They can come from any where, trap, skeet, SCs, bunker, games shooters and even bird hunters! Anyone remember who Fred Gilbert was?

HAP

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Hap, wasn't Fred Gilbert the gentleman that took his model 12 to Europe in the live bird rings and gave them a lesson on how to shoot a pump gun?

Ajax

·
Registered
72 Posts
After this year they can shoot in the qualifiers to see if they can make the tour.And to stay on the tour ya gotta keep shooting well.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Hap, I don't remember Fred Gilbert, but know of his shooting prowess.

His pictures hangs in the club house in Cedar Falls in the section reserved for Iowa Hall of Famers.

One heck of a shooter!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The gentleman that took his model 12 to Europe in the live bird rings and gave them a lesson on how to shoot a pump gun?
Joe Divers is his name.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Haux, I though you taught FG all he knew bout shotgunnin there in eye-o-way?? :)

Thanks to Drew H. for posting his historical articles and sharing them with all of us here! I copied one of his links and post it below for anyone wanting to know who Fred Gilbert was! What a natural shot this man was!! A long but very interesting read on the old timers setting the stage we play on today!

HAP

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
I wish them success. Hope they're well funded. If they succeed, though, it'll will be great for clay target shooting of all sorts.

I remember when "StarShot" was on TV. As lame as it was, it did wonders for increasing the awareness of clay target shooting, at least for a while.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The only Ray Stafford listed in the NSCA database is in AA with with a 78% average. That would not be anywhere good enough to make it in the men's division!

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Western Shooter, originally, I'd planned on only introducing you to my many pets hanging out on the line. Maybe I ought to introduce you to a few of their African cousins too?? Course they sneaked in across the border down south a while back and are lookin for welfare here. It's too bad you're allergic to most of my friends though??

Strunkie was almost correct. Eli Johnson and I tested some gin in a cotton patch while chasing roosters for lunch onced, ya sure thet ain't whut he tolt ya? Yuppers, I was one of ol Teddy's rough riders, till I fell off ma ol mule n busted my democrass. With frienemies like you, who needs them other kind?

See you in Feb. my friend, have a safe trip over! Oh, n bring yer "AAA" game too, might come in handy?? :)

HAP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts