Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KQLQxnOZmvc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As reported by REASON.COM

The ad above, for gun-seller Daniel Defense, was submitted to the NFL for consideration to run during the Super Bowl. It was shot down:

The NFL’s Advertising Policy addresses several Prohibited Advertising Categories, including guidelines for ads featuring alcohol, video games, movies, prescription drugs, and, of course, firearms.

The firearms portion of the NFL’s Prohibited Advertising Categories states:

“5. Firearms, ammunition or other weapons are prohibited; however, stores that sell firearms and ammunitions (e.g., outdoor stores and camping stores) will be permitted, provided they sell other products and the ads do not mention firearms, ammunition or other weapons.”

According to these guidelines, Daniel Defense’s Super Bowl commercial does not violate NFL policy for two reasons:

Daniel Defense has a brick-and-mortar store, where they sell products other than firearms such as apparel.

The commercial itself does not mention firearms, ammunition or weaponry.

While Daniel Defense’s commercial does not mention firearms, it does include a logo of their DDM4 rifle at the very end.

When the NFL denied the ad, Daniel Defense immediately offered to replace the DDM4 logo with an American flag and/or the words “Shall not be infringed.”

The NFL replied with another non-negotiable denial.

--------------------

HOWEVER,

Bob Costas will still be allowed to give ANTI-GUN commentary during half-time.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
OMG....This is a very little known situation. Widespread publicity will really hurt the NFL, since the fan base includes a large component of gun owners and enthusiasts.

Hope it gets a bunch of publicity.

HM

·
Registered
613 Posts
I believe the Texas NASCAR race was sponsored by the NRA. There was talk about not televising the race. As memory serves, there was no mention of the NRA sponsorship during the race commentary. The depth of liberal thinking will destroy our country.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I bet if the name of the company was Daniel's Sporting Goods instead of Defense there would have been less hassle.

Eric

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I seriously doubt that ad will have any impact on the NFL now or anytime in the future ... There are to many people not smart enough to comprehend the real meaning of the ad, they voted for Obama not once but twice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Its why I could care less about the NFL, just more "indoctrination" for sheep!!

I don't give one cent to NFL products, I don't support any team, and I could care less about the "United Way".

Its not "charity" when your TOLD or FORCED to give money to a organization.

And I tell them so when they call or corner you in a shopping mall.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
The Superbowl will still get a large audience including gun owners who haven't heard, forgot or don't care. There are still ways to get this ad aired. On other channels or stations that don't have these restrictions or need the ad revenue. When ad agencies turn down high priced stations....the term they use is "buying around" which means using other outlets to reach their desired audience. By the way is NBC network carrying the SB this year? If so it wouldn't surprise me. ed

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
I'm less and less inclined to patronize anything NFL even though I love football.
The NFL rules are taking the sport out of the game also. Have been for years.

Pink for a month? C'mon. Teams overseas? C'mon. Anti-gun policies & Bob Costas as a spokesmen? C'mon!

Have you noticed how many players have made contact with ref's recently? Out of control. Similar to the NBA.

My affinity with the NFL? NOT FOR LONG!

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
The NFL players that are in jail, aren't carrying anymore. Bob Costas is a jerk. What he knows about guns could be put in a thimble.

·
Registered
213 Posts
To CharlieAMA: You mean you have to know something about a topic before forming an opinion? Only if you're smart. What does that say about people like Costas and millions of others who have opinions without knowing the facts? Remember the old adage: My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts