Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
They are a little hotter than Win209 and somewhat larger in dia., but I used them with Win. data as long as it wasn't a top of the pressure range load.

Buz

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jim

I was told by the "Ask the Experts" at Aliant that Nobles could be substituted for a particular load. I would not take it for granted that they will work as a substitute every time though. If you go to Aliant's site or Hodgdon and ask about a load they will tell you if it is safe. A lot of guys sub at the drop of a hat and come out OK but, I don't like having my face that close to a shell that I'm not sure of when it goes off. They are larger and there's a good chance a winchester or Fed will fall out if used after a Noble in a hull.

Brian "Robbie's Dad"

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
At one time, Hodgdon said they were able to be substituted safely. I have not seen that statement in the latest data. If you keep the pressures low, you are probably OK. I would ask the powder manufacturer about the particular load and go from there. At least drop the powder a half grain or so and stay away from the higher pressure loads. The Nobel Sport is also a larger diameter and will stretch the primer pockets out so a standard sized primer may not fit properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.