Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of the testimonials about not being able to find primers, l took someone’s advice on here and put an order in to Ballisticproducts.com for 5k Chedite primers on 3-19. Site said not available but l ordered with payment anyway hoping for some luck. Today (4-15) FedEx delivered
5k primers 189.00. Thanks for info on this guys. Great site.

· Registered
586 Posts
189.00 for 5 thousand cheddite primers is a lot of money i get mine for 80 bucks less
It’s banal when people post comments like this. What good is it to tell someone that he or she overpaid for something and to say that you get said product for less and then don’t say where? What’s the point?! It’s not useful and it’s lame, so why even say anything?

· Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Never used Chedites but know some that do. Don’t they expand primer pockets where you can’t use wins,feds & Rem types in those hulls? Probably doesn’t matter much if that’s all you can get.

· Premium Member
8,104 Posts
After reading some of the testimonials about not being able to find primers, l took someone’s advice on here and put an order in to Ballisticproducts.com for 5k Chedite primers on 3-19. Site said not available but l ordered with payment anyway hoping for some luck. Today (4-15) FedEx delivered
5k primers 189.00. Thanks for info on this guys. Great site.
If the $189 included both shipping and hazmat fees, that does not shock my conscience.

· Registered
540 Posts
Ordered 2/10. Nothing yet. I sent an email to reconfirm just now.
I ordered 2/14 still no primers.
CALL them, don't send an email or wait for them to contact you. Friend of mine that lives up in the Cities picked mine up for me last Friday. They honored the $29 a thousand price. I got to skip the shipping and hazmat fees. At least on this sleeve of 5K couple of months ago got a sleeve from them with shipping and hazmat.

Still have 8K W209 on backorder with them and 8 pounds of Clays. Have to see what happens with those. Eventually....

No they don't. The Fiocchi primers do
About 15 years ago my son and I were going through more than 20k rounds a year. In an effort to save money I switched from W209 and Clays to F616 and Promo. For a summer, all worked well until it got cold then not so much.

Someone asked how deep my crimp depth was and how did I measure it so I took this picture. Looks like I loaded ~17K or so F616 in STS and Nitro hulls that summer. Then went back to W209 primers and Clays in the same shells. Never had a problem with any of them.

I worry more about changes in pressure with the Cheddite primers vs. W209. Not a lot of published data out there with the Cheddite primers and wads/powder that I have left. Fine for my 16 ga. shells as most of the hulls for the 16 I have are Cheddite, thousands of them. And plenty of data for those. Other gages not so much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.