Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,861 Posts
what is a CCI209 SC? I know M is for magnum, but what is SC?
It was unnecessarily manufactured in my opinion as they served no special purpose upon introduction. Not to sure that it couldn't have been a ploy to grab sporting clays shooters attention.

There really wasn't any demand in my area.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I can just use my regular CCI 209’s in place of them. If got a brick of them. Didn’t really wanna buy more.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s a 1-1/8 oz load. I’m assuming the newer AA Hull is the polyformed Hull. 25 gns of Universal, windjammer wad, 1200 FPS, 6,800 psi. I shoot vintage clays with an LC Smith and have been shooting a 6300 psi 1 oz load for quite some time. I’d like to give this load a try. I believe I said it was Alliant but it’s Hodgdon.

·
Premium Member
5,861 Posts
It’s a 1-1/8 oz load. I’m assuming the newer AA Hull is the polyformed Hull. 25 gns of Universal, windjammer wad, 1200 FPS, 6,800 psi. I shoot vintage clays with an LC Smith and have been shooting a 6300 psi 1 oz load for quite some time. I’d like to give this load a try. I believe I said it was Alliant but it’s Hodgdon.
New AA is the HS not polyformed. So you better go check that data.

If your using a CCI209 with the above load your probably atleast in the mid 10,000psi if not upper. Hodgdon data goes to [email protected] with your components.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
From what I have read, the HS hulls ARE what they are calling "polyformed". The older Win AA hulls are what are called "compression formed". (I cannot really tell if this is true)
The Alliant reloading data makes no difference between the two, only showing Win AA hull. Vectan reloading data only shows Win AA HS hulls. Hodgden reloading site lumps compression formed and HS Winchester hulls together on the data.
What is shown in the charts is what hull they used to test and publish the PSI and velocity of the shells.
I have found no difference in loading the compression formed and the HS hulls other than the old compression formed hull is usually a little longer and the newer HS hulls length run all over the place.
If mg1polo sees this he will probably know. My 2 cents worth. Regards, Bob

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
From what I have read, the HS hulls ARE what they are calling "polyformed". The older Win AA hulls are what are called "compression formed". (I cannot really tell if this is true)
The Alliant reloading data makes no difference between the two, only showing Win AA hull. Vectan reloading data only shows Win AA HS hulls. Hodgden reloading site lumps compression formed and HS Winchester hulls together on the data.
What is shown in the charts is what hull they used to test and publish the PSI and velocity of the shells.
I have found no difference in loading the compression formed and the HS hulls other than the old compression formed hull is usually a little longer and the newer HS hulls length run all over the place.
If mg1polo sees this he will probably know. My 2 cents worth. Regards, Bob
Hello Bob,
As others have said, the newer AA is not Polyformed. The newer AA is called the HS. The older one is the CA.
They both utilize the exact same data, although bulky powders create a phenomenon that must be addressed to compensate for stack height issues.
The Polyformed hull, is a hull that Winchester used for their hunting ammunition and very well may still do so, but I'm not sure.
Good luck,
MG

·
Registered
171 Posts
I acquired some old CCi primers - some boxes are CCI209 while others are marked CCI109. Can I use the 109s in place of the 209?

·
Registered
770 Posts
upload_2020-3-24_17-13-4.png

upload_2020-3-24_17-16-59.png

Maybe I am confused or someone else is confused. Let's figure this out. Above are loads for a WAAHS and WAACF hulls. At the top is data for a Winchester Polyformed hull. Two completely different hulls and two completely different sets of data. If you are dropping 25 gr of Universal, better be sure you have the correct hull.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
View attachment 1665777

View attachment 1665779

Maybe I am confused or someone else is confused. Let's figure this out. Above are loads for a WAAHS and WAACF hulls. At the top is data for a Winchester Polyformed hull. Two completely different hulls and two completely different sets of data. If you are dropping 25 gr of Universal, better be sure you have the correct hull.
Please explain,
Two completly different hulls. Two completely different set of data. Not sure what the confusion would be?
MG

·
Registered
770 Posts
I got a bit confused n the different posts bouncing from one hull to the next.
I know what a AAHS hull is. I know what a AACF hull is. I still have a very limited supply.
What is the Polyformed hull? Not that I will ever use it, more so, I want to be sure I avoid it.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,569 Posts
I got a bit confused n the different posts bouncing from one hull to the next.
I know what a AAHS hull is. I know what a AACF hull is. I still have a very limited supply.
What is the Polyformed hull? Not that I will ever use it, more so, I want to be sure I avoid it.

Thanks
As labeled, the poly formed hull is used in hunting ammo.

Reactions: mg1polo
1 - 20 of 23 Posts