Myrtle 0.66 40

Walnut 0.65 - 0.7 40 - 43
Walnut, Amer Black 0.63 38
Walnut, Claro 0.49 30
Walnut, European 0.57 35

·
Supporting Vendor
1,300 Posts
As Joe Ps numbers indicate, Myrtle is on average about comparable to English Walnut and denser than American Black and Claro. That said, my research shows that the darker the base colors on Myrtlewood, the denser it is. The real bright gold wood with little other color is about the same density and weight as Western Big-Leaf Maple. On the other end of the spectrum, Black Myrtle with base colors darker than most Walnuts has a density that approximates Mesquite and Desert Ironwood and is heavier for the same physical size. It will polish to a very high sheen and will take and hold checkering at 32 lines to the inch like the very densest of English Walnuts from non-commercial trees. The Myrtles with highly colored stripe over a shimmering gold base are somewhere in the middle.

Hope this helps.

Mike Mann

·
Registered
269 Posts
Scott, I have a vintage 1970's H.O. road race set with 6 ho cars.all track and original box. Made by Aurora Maybe I can use it for a partial trade. I'll also through in a couple small kids form down the street. Hate to see you stop shooting again who is going to be my highwater mark. Stop by and see me. are you remote control or slot tracking it. If you have anything else bring it down and I'll try and get rid of it for you. , Norm

On a serious note about this gun it has missed less targets than most people miss in a 100 target event. This is one of those rare pretrained shotguns, don't let a gun like this get away if it goes off the target breaks.

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
Someone will get a like new trapgun with a brand new Americase and exhibition stock for a steal at this price.

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
Can't believe this is still available, being broke at a time like this is damn inconvenient, lol. Would love to have this one in my gunsafe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.