Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and I are considering going to the Grand for the first time ever next year. She pays for her own targets, so we need to budget what to expect in terms of expenses.

I looked at last years program and didn't see any mention of discounted targets for Juniors, but I happened to stumble across this text in wikipedia:

To encourage young shooters, the ATA provides "special categories" for younger shooters who compete at ATA events. These categories include 'Junior' class for shooters who have not turned 18, and 'Sub-junior' for those not yet 15 as of the beginning of the ATA trap year (September 1). The ATA also allows shooters under the age of 18 to shoot for half-price at the Grand American as well as many other large ATA sponsored shoots.

Again, the above text (which could be wrong) was found here:

Trap shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those with actual experience, is it true that she can get half price targets? She won't be playing any options if that matters.

thanks,

Wass

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
This year Juniors paid half price as long as they didn't play any options.
Below is the text from the program.
I don't have any information on next year.

Any Sub-Junior, Junior or Junior-Gold who enters any Grand American Event by paying one-half (1/2)
price for target entry must enter on the same basis in all events, and is ineligible to participate in any purse,
option (including the Grand Gun Option) or added money for any event. However any shooter electing the
one-half (1/2) price option is eligible for trophies, No one-half (1/2) price entry is allowed after any entry at
full price for anyone who enters any Grand event. No full price entry is permitted for anyone who enters
any preliminary Grand or Grand event after a one-half (1/2) price entry is allowed. It is the competitor’s duty
and responsibility to make this declaration at the time you are classified

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Short answer is yes, she can shoot half-price targets as long as she doesn't want to play any options, and as long as she does it for all events that she enters.

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
564 Posts
Took my son out for a few days in 2014. As said before, target price was half for youth if not playing options. Since it was again this year, I couldn't imagine they would change it next year.

·
Registered
101 Posts
They have offered 1/2 price targets for those under 18 (actual age not what you act like or feel - as me how i know this) As long as you don't play any options all five years we have gone. Took advantage the 1st few years. Excited to have you out there next year, it will be fun!!! Keep in touch and lets see if we can squad together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts