Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought shot yesterday - eagle shot - for 37.50 a bag and was told that his next shipment will cost $5.00 per bag more . Has anyone else heard this , if so why is shot going up in central Il.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Be happy....my local store its 55.00 per bag...BEFORE TAX!

I cannot get shot to save my life....everytime I get a lead on where I can get some shipped to me for a fair price...they either are all out....dont ship till winter....I just have to buy new!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I only use West Coast Magnum shot. Five months ago I could buy it for $36 a bag. Now it is $39. Eagle always runs $1 less.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I may add a little: Lead is about .20 lb higher today than it was a couple months ago. .20 x 25, that's $5.00

-Mike
McAlister Brand Shot

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
Price on Eagle hasn't budged in many months where I get it -- $38.25 if you buy five and pay cash/check.

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
No, I think he has. Usually has 6 or so crates of the stuff. A couple of months ago the supply was down to the point where I was worried about supply but now its right back up to half a dozen crates.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We often have people contract amounts with us, and take scattered deliveries. Who knows?

I am pretty sure we are the only lead shot maker who doesn't raise & lower prices on short term market trends. We have been selling lead shot for about 3 years now, and our prices remain unchanged, so that we could offer folks a steady price. Even tho lead went up to 1.40 during that time, and dropped to .78 cents, we kept our prices the same, so that people would know what to expect.

I was constantly being told that other Shot makers were raising & lowering prices as the markets changed. I assumed this to be true.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That price doesn't include shipping....when I contacted them I was looking to buy 15 flats and I got quoted 195.00 just in shipping that came to 66.00 a flat. Only saving 3.00 from local.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are out a number of sizes on their shot as well. I assume they bought low, and they are just about out. I assume their prices will go up now.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that I am destined to only shoot new as the cost to have items shipped to where I am makes reloading cost prohibitive. I am up for suggestions! I live in South Florida ....lots of sun...nice shooting year round...PITA to get things shipped to you STATE!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts