Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 20 ga. wingmaster magnum shotgun. It has a vent rib and looks to be 95+%. What would be a fair price for the gun? Thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I just bought a nice 20 ga. Wingmaster WITH all REMchokes, for $350.00, with the box, from a gun dealer, before Christmas. One w/o chokes, maybe $300.00?? Rob

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I bought a 1982 fixed-choke Wingmaster 20ga LW Magnum w/ VR in 99% condition a little over a year ago for $325. I overpaid a little, but it was just like a beloved one I foolishly let go many years back and I wanted it badly. Shop around and make offers if you have the patience. Common guns like this are at the shows all the time -- it's a buyers market right now, especially for fixed-choke models.

-Gary

·
Registered
653 Posts
The Wingmaster 20ga. is one of my all time favorite pheasant and duck gun, especially in 3". If anything like 95% and above, I would go up to $350. since is has the fixed mod choke. It's one of those guns you can shoot for 10 years and probably get your money back if selling.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The saving grace of this gun is the fixed mod. Most with fixed chokes have a full.<br>
<br>
I wanted one many years ago before I discovered the joys of recoil reduction of the 1100/1187. At the time I was shooting a 12ga Wingmaster. My buddy picked up a 2-3/4" 20ga Wingmaster with a fixed mod choke. Nice gun.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it an older standard weight 20 gauge built on the 12 gauge receiver? Serial # ends in an X or an N I believe if so. That might make a difference, but barrels are hard to find for the standard weights.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I BOUGHT ONE LIKE NEW LAST YEAR. 28"FIXED MOD. PAID $250. HAD IT CHOKED
BY CARLSON. NOW MY FAVORITE GUN. LOVE SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS AND OUTSHOOTING
CERTAIN WELL HEALED FRIENDS WITH THEIR 15K 32 INCH SPORTERS! I DID HAVE TO CHANGE THE CARRIER DOG SPRING AND FOLLOWER (6 BUCKS) AS IT MISFED ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN PUMPING REAL FAST. I RECENTLY ADDED A SKEETWEIGHT AND 10 OZ SINKER TO
THE STOCK . THIS WITH A PACHMEYER SPORTING PAD MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE RECOIL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.