Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a nice Browning Cynergy Trap with the original box and Browning Cynergy hard case. Gun has 32" Invector plus barrels and locks up very tight. Gun was redone at Browning the middle of this year so the lever is quite a bit off to the right on lock up. Has a adjustable but plate but no adjustable comb. I can get it for $ 1500.00 ???????????
gsd63_2009_140317.jpg

gsd63_2009_140318.jpg

gsd63_2009_140319.jpg

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Price Check Browning Cynergy 32

Sounds about right, to a pretty decent deal. What do you mean by redone? Was it shot that much? Case looks like it is in pretty good shape, along with the gun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The forearm cracked and it was sent back to Browning. While they had it they went through it.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Sounds like a fair deal. Not a lot of them on the line in my area, but the few who do shoot them seem to enjoy them, although most have the combo, as you can find them discounted pretty heavily quite regularly. I have heard of several forearm issues, which may or may not influence your decision. A friend and his father both bought combo sets, his split once, and his father's split twice, both of his happening under a flat of shells into having the gun, then again after it was returned. For the price, I think they are a good value, even with the issues.

·
Registered
678 Posts

The price seems a little high. A few years ago I bought a new 20 ga Cynergy Sporting gun for just under $1200 and then I got all the rebate items from Browning which if you paid retail for the items, it would have knocked off about $400 from the price. I still have the gun and it shoots well. I have had no issues with it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

I'm not so sure that Cynergy guns are a good investment. Browning introduced them several (perhaps 8 or 10?) years ago as the modernized and streamlined version of an O/U. They were intended to be more like the Beretta shotguns for those who prefer the Beretta styling.

However, the Cynergy never made a big hit and is now being replaced by the 725 which seems to be much more successful. I think it's only a matter of time before the Cynergy is discontinued if it hasn't already been discontinued.

So, if you're interested in possible resale value, then I would look elsewhere. If you're thinking of perhaps keeping it forever, then it might be worth the $1500 or maybe not. At some future date, parts may be hard to obtain for a Cynergy. Just my opinion.

Easystreet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts