Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Vern asked that I let everyone know that his web site has been repaired, at considerable expense. It is a shame that some person or a competitor goes in and hacks a businessman's site in order to steer customers elsewhere.

Personally I would castrate every hacker out there who costs every day citizens $1,000s of dollars.

Visit Vern's site. Home - Precision Fit Stocks

Don

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Vern asked that I let everyone know that his web site has been repaired, at considerable expense. It is a shame that some person or a competitor goes in and hacks a businessman's site in order to steer customers elsewhere.

Personally I would castrate every hacker out there who costs every day citizens $1,000s of dollars.

Don
Agreed, Don. Would be the $hits if it turned out to be a competitor.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
There are plenty of members on this site who think it's funny to post people's private information and spread it around. They should be put in the same hole as a hacker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All, just to add a quick 2 cents to this one here.

1. It's unfortunate however very likely that this *wasn't* perpetrated by a competitor - based on what I saw of the site and digging into the code it looks more like an overseas operation that was 'leveraging' the site to generate SPAM messages or mass-blast nasties that download onto people's computers

(read: no conspiracy theory, just a professional attack that does not care in the slightest about the product/service/business owner)

2. Because of #1 it's going to take some time (days, weeks, months - i've seen all three) before the IP address questions comes off of various blacklists here and there

(read: Like me when I try to access the site from my computer at the airport - I am blocked because malware/spam blockers are assuming the site is still infected. This means that Vern might still have some work to do to get his website moved to another provider before he can get traffic back to his pages)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Adam

(disclosure, I work in Web/eCommerce so I live in a world that sees all kinds of cyber attacks on a daily basis)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Don

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
12,094 Posts
Parazzi Big Bore was a friend to many of us here until he passed a year or two ago, if that's who you mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts