Trapshooters Forum banner

Precision fit stock

1975 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  reyper
I am thinking about a precision fit stock for my Kolar combo. I am not keen about the looks but a reduction in recoil would be welcome. My current stock fits well and the gun is not hurting me, but like many trap shooters always looking to change something. Didn’t want to spend the big bucks and go to Colorado for a nice collapsible wood one.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,397 Posts
I bought a PFS to achieve a better fit and for some recoil reduction for my Kolar. I love the thing and have it pretty much dialed in. I primarily shoot skeet so doubles are part of the game but I have it setup so that the recoil reduction is a little stiffer so it doesn't throw me off on the second shot
My suggestion is to look for a nice used one and if you don't like it chances are you will get most of your money back

· Registered
2,877 Posts
I am trying to convince the Mrs. To let me get her one.
Does anyone know how much cast can be put in a PFS?
I have her Graco adjusted all the way to the side. And this is a great fit, but this leaves the butt plate uncovered and rubs her collar bone.

· Registered
13,547 Posts
If you keep the FPS black in color? I agree they are pretty ugly. However you can get your PFS dipped into a special hydro solution, and it comes out looking like a nicely grained piece of wood!!! Its not too expensive, and the finish lasts pretty good from what I hear. So, it will look much better. To each there own. Buy one or not. break em all jeff

· Premium Member
1,797 Posts
You can get quite a bit of cast on the PFS stocks. On top of that, you can roll the comb on the mounting bar essentially creating a roll over style comb increasing the cast/offset quite a bit. Happy to take a picture or two of my twisted up PFS stocks if anyone would like to see what I am referring to. Send me a PM. Good shooting, Rey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.