Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about maybe getting a used precision fit stock.

What are the pros / cons of that kind of stock?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I bought one on ts, there are so many adjustments it bogels the mind, I am still trying to figure it out. but it really knocks the recoil down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have one, the pros are it can be adjusted to very precise fit for you and the felt recoil is amazingly soft.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments. What is the difference between the Old model and the New model??

·
Registered
483 Posts
The main difference between the New and Older models is the diameter of the top anti-rotation rod, with the newer model being thinner. If you get the new style, be sure & get the Figure 8 brace along with it. This takes the flex out of the thinner rods. John

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
the old style has a larger inner top rod. I think it is about 3/8 or 5/16. the new one is about 1/4 inch. check their web site. the pfs if the only way to go. Love both of mine

·
Banned
899 Posts
I had one. Great concept, but it weighs too much and throws off the gun balance. By the time you get enough weight up front to compensate the gun is way too heavy. I had the older one and I called the company to find out if there was a enough difference with the new one to give it another try. They told me the new model was only about 2 ounces lighter, not enough for me to give it another chance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had one. Great concept, but it weighs too much and throws off the gun balance. By the time you get enough weight up front to compensate the gun is way too heavy. I had the older one and I called the company to find out if there was a enough difference with the new one to give it another try. They told me the new model was only about 2 ounces lighter, not enough for me to give it another chance.
the one I have on my perazzi is actually 26grams heavier than the original mx10 Stock (less than 1 oz). Actually it comes built with a 4 oz weight on it to keep it from being too light. you can also add weight to it if desired. It would appear the PFS has designed their stock to be within 1OZ of what most stocks weigh from factory.

·
Vendor
19,086 Posts
The functional difference between "new style" vs "old Style" is the the latest model with the thinner rod can be reconfigured for a lefty or a righty. Other than that, nothing other than slight indeterminate cosmetics. Some (Me) cannot get their thumb over the top of the pistol grip. Others have no problem.

·
Banned
899 Posts
the one I have on my perazzi is actually 26grams heavier than the original mx10 Stock (less than 1 oz). Actually it comes built with a 4 oz weight on it to keep it from being too light. you can also add weight to it if desired. It would appear the PFS has designed their stock to be within 1OZ of what most stocks weigh from factory.
I never put mine on a scale but it was much heavier than the original Krieghoff stock. With Briley standard weight subgauge tubes and no additional weights on the PFS the gun was extremely back heavy.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
They're awesome. I wish they made a lefty grip for my Perazzi MT6.

About the only thing that can't do is get you true cast from the grip/rear receiver area, but this can be approximated with moving the adjustable recoil pad plate and the adjustable comb. I'm a lefty who originally got one after buying and selling several lefty stocks that didn't fit; the recoil reduction was just a bonus to me.
The old style ones can only be right- or left-handed because of the lateral offset of the top tube. The new style ones have a thinner top tube with two sets of holes drilled in the from and rear pieces of the stock; you can switch from righty to lefty by swapping the holes the top tube uses and by having the appropriate grip and comb. Because of the thinner top tube and its offset, the new style is capable of greater lateral comb adjustment (some say "cast," but I don't think of it as true cast). Both styles use the same grips and combs, and I'd say the recoil reduction between the two is similar. The old style has a screw on weight you can add to one hole in the center of the stock. The new style has two holes, which are really designed so you can put the weight on the side where it won't interfere with the comb. However, if you have an Ultimate Comb, you could screw in two weights to make an extra heavy stock. Used old styles tend to sell for $650-750ish, while new styles tend to go for $850-950ish depending on condition, upgrades (figure 8 brace, ultimate comb, etc).

FWIW, I have a new style without the figure 8 brace and still seems fine to me. My old style works fine, although it sounds slightly "creaky" when the stock moves...functions fine and I just ignore it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I never put mine on a scale but it was much heavier than the original Krieghoff stock. With Briley standard weight subgauge tubes and no additional weights on the PFS the gun was extremely back heavy.
I run the extra PFS weight on mine on a 30" K-80 for skeet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I loved it on my Perazzi mx2000, and when I let someone try it, they were always impressed. I would tighten it down when shooting doubles as the recoil reduction messed with my timing on the second bird.

·
Banned
899 Posts
I run the extra PFS weight on mine on a 30" K-80 for skeet.

Where does it balance at? I like to keep my balance point at the hinge pin. With the 28" Briley matched weight subgauge tubes and K80 stock I have to put about 3 ounces in the stock to balance it out. With the PFS I had to put about 4 ounces on the barrel to get it to balance at the same point.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was wondering if the comb would go high enough for me. I heard they might not. Looking at Caesar summit unsingle and will set at 120% but still need higher will they go up that high?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts