Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I shot a Precision Fit Stock on a Perazzi MX 8 unsingle today and I was very impressed with the recoil reduction. I'm shooting a BT-100 right now with a Gracoil and the difference was stunning. Almost no felt recoil with the P gun. I was able to stay completely in the gun through the shot no barrel bounce, no jarring.

Questions:
(1) is it because the P gun is an unsingle? with the precision fit stock fit correctly?
(2) is my Gracoil that inferior? is it set correctly?
(3) are there grips for BT-100 for the Precision Fit Stock?
(4) are there any members of the forum shooting a PFS on a BT-100?
Thanks

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
1) maybe
2) the PFS is a much better system but the Gracoil does need to be set up correctly
3) No (there were some guys making custom grips but I have not seen an advertisement for those in years)
4) N/A

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yes there's a paerson who come on this sight now and again, can't remember his tag. Anyway he adapted I think a Perazzi grip to his BT100. Also Stocker John @971/570-6597 can make custom wood ones.

surfer

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Call Vern Brown at Precision. I'm sure they'll figure out something for you. He'll be at the Grand just in case you're going. If not.....a P gun might be the answer!

Reactions: hardRT

·
Registered
763 Posts
You're right there is no comparison between the PFS and the Gracoil. Far more recoil reduction plus the ability to get the correct gun fit with the PFS. No grips exist for the BT100. You'd either have to have a custom grip made or try to modify another grip. Sounds like you should just go to a P gun and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Don't listen to the P gun talk, there's nothing wrong with a BT-100 they're great guns, you just need to figure how you will approach adapting a grip for a PFS. If there's a wiil there's a way.................

Surfer

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Don't ask for help at Precision Fit. If they don't make it, they're not interested in helping you to fit your gun. I asked them for help with a K-20 and a Model 12. I got no assistance or suggestions at all.

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Wenig gun stocks should be able to help you out. They have the machining spec's to cut the wood to the BT-100 without the gun there!!! So they should be able to do the cut-out at the other end for the PFS to bolt up to as well. I just never called to price it out. But I've heard its like a grand just for the wood, checkering and finishing from the guy who was doing them some years back. Then you have to add in the price of the PFS as well. I have the Bt-100 also, but do not have the need for a recoil system "YET". Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think stocker John is less than a lol less than Wenig

call and ask him.

surfer
I'll call him. He owes me a job. He accidently mis-measured a stock on my Charles Daly and two years ago I still haven't sent it to him to put a bigger pad on it. I hope he still remembers me. He was at Kingsburg year before last and I had it done there.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Reactions: hardRT

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a soft touch stock on my BT100 it is as good or bettter then the PFS in the recoil category. The PFS is all that in the adjustable category!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a friend making his own recoil device- similar but not the same as a PFS- he can scan your existing grip and make one for any gun- The grips are made from Aluminum then anodized- Super system using a 50 lb gas cylinder to absorb recoil- much smoother than a PFS- I currently use a PFS but will be trying out one of these new ones soon- The guy will be at the Grand showing them off.

Terry Jones

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a friend making his own recoil device- similar but not the same as a PFS- he can scan your existing grip and make one for any gun- The grips are made from Aluminum then anodized- Super system using a 50 lb gas cylinder to absorb recoil- much smoother than a PFS- I currently use a PFS but will be trying out one of these new ones soon- The guy will be at the Grand showing them off.

Terry Jones
I'd like to get some info on your friends stock. Thank you,

·
Registered
504 Posts
image.jpg
Hello all,
Terry here from Fusion-Pro Shooting Systems we have designed a fully adjustable recoil absorbing gas piston system. We laser scan factory wood and replicate in on multi axis CNC machining centers. The smoothness and reset time is unparalleled by anything on the market! The entire system is a breeze to adjust and set up along with clear instructions to allow you to understand and properly fit your stock to you. These units are simply gorgeuos with the complex multi axis machine work done it's a first in the industry! Stop by Terry's Gun Vault Tent at the Grand. We have Ljutic right hand and left hand available, Cesar Gurini is on the machining centers now for Summit and Chalenger, Magnus follows next. Browning BT99 early and late along with BT-100 soon also, along with the Beretta 600 series! It will take time but we will get almost all the popular ones done. Full customs and special anodized colors, fades, overlays will be offered at an additional cost. All anodize is high quality brite finish not norm satin look. You can strip this stock down to a pile of parts and reassemble yourself! One single external bolt allows complete recoil pad adjustment. Molded soft comb coming soon made from Sorbothane!! Matching anodized aluminum fore arms will be available for that complete custom look like no other!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts