Trapshooters Forum banner

Prairie Storm Shells

11K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  SecondChance 
#1 ·
Anyone ever pattern these shells? I can't see how they can be consistent with the odd shaped shot.

#35 ·
The guides at the place I hunt pheasants in SD say the very best shot is #2. You either miss or you kill, no cripples, all it takes is one. But trying to find lead #2 is difficult these days and as near as I can tell, and the last time I looked, Rem was the only source.

#36 ·
Federal makes them in their Premium line. I have bought them in 2's and BB's in both 2-3/4 and 3". I use them to shoot yotes and fox at night. I really personally prefer the Remmy Hevi-Shot line for stuff like that. I like Hevi-Shot in 6's for Pheasants. Stone cold rolls them. BUT!!!! At almost 2-1/2 to 3bucks per pop, you better be on you game!!!!!! But they drop when you pop'em!!!! I guess you could shot the Hevi-Metal non-toxic. I use it for waterfowl and is awesome!!!! It incorporates heavier than steel shot and Hevi-Shot combined. DEVASTATING on ducks and geese inside 40yds!!!!! And a whole lot cheaper than the Hevi-Shot also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.