Trapshooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Registered
Had to shoot by myself as there was nobody else there. Went out and popped a 21 and a 25 which shocked me as had not shot since 2008 and was shooing a gun I had never fired before.
Seems I only get 25's when I'm by myself, too! (y)馃槆

At Hopkinton Sportsman's Association we are $6 for non-members and $5 for members for Skeet, Trap or 5-stand.

Welcome back, I think you will like it!

Registered
If I recall, at Ben Avery in AZ it's like a quarter a bird for trap and slightly more for sporting clays. Finding help is always tough and volunteers prove an important part. Being one of the best sport shooting facilities (and state operated) they say that the clay-bird guys carry the cost of the pistol/rifle ranges. It also has archery, mounted shooting and a 1,000 yard long rifle range...or for those Annie Oakley guys that load their own. :)

Registered
Tulsa Gun Club is $4.50 per round for members Offers a club card with 10% bonus if you prepay $200 or more. Card usable on skeet, trap, 5 stand and SC. I think 5 stand is $5.50 member price.

Registered
So here is the deal, been out of shooting since about 2008. That was the last year I registered targets or shot any practice. Life got in the way. Anyway, bought a gun about a year ago with the intention of starting back up at some point. Fast forward to yesterday...went to the closest club to home. Took a couple shots at a pattern board, raised the comb as high as it would go and stay on the post's and got to within about 4 inches. Used to have the center of my pattern at about 14 inches back in the day. Wait that does not pertain to the intended subject. That being the cost of a round of practice at your clubs now a days. Had to shoot by myself as there was nobody else there. Went out and popped a 21 and a 25 which shocked me as had not shot since 2008 and was shooing a gun I had never fired before. Anyway, went back in to pay up. $10.00 a round. Is that pretty normal now? Seems like I checked the program for the Missouri state shoot and the registered birds were like 39.00 an event plus the fees. Not complaining just asking, what are you paying for a round of practice at your local ranges?
$5 for members, $6 for non members. Members can purchase a card for 20 sets for $90.00.

Premium Member
Our club charges $3.00/member, $4.00/non-member (guest)

Our club is non for profit, has approx. 1400 members. Membership is $65/yr. Most members are rifle, pistol, archery shooters, a minority are clay bird shooters. We have trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays. No one gets paid, all volunteer workers. This means that the utilities, insurance, maintenance, etc. is shared by the whole membership. If the clay bird shooters had to pay these costs then we could not shoot so cheap. Regards, Bob

Registered
We just went to $4.50 for members, 5.50 non and kids shoot for $3.50. Membership is $35 which includes use of rifle & pistol ranges. Kids are included with an adult membership.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
They do have a membership. I think it is $150 a year and I think that puts it at $6 per 25. But you would have to shoot 38 rounds a year there to break even. Better to shoot registered there and count it as practice.
Hi there buddy. 6 is much more reasonable. Will have to look at maybe joining. About 3 rounds a month. Man you know I hate doing math lol. Will look into it. Would have to see how often you go so I would have someone to shoot with.

Registered
Hi there buddy. 6 is much more reasonable. Will have to look at maybe joining. About 3 rounds a month. Man you know I hate doing math lol. Will look into it. Would have to see how often you go so I would have someone to shoot with.
Give me a holler when you want to go; I'm in

Registered
Our Club in South Central PA just raised the price per round to $6/25.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts