Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the deal, been out of shooting since about 2008. That was the last year I registered targets or shot any practice. Life got in the way. Anyway, bought a gun about a year ago with the intention of starting back up at some point. Fast forward to yesterday...went to the closest club to home. Took a couple shots at a pattern board, raised the comb as high as it would go and stay on the post's and got to within about 4 inches. Used to have the center of my pattern at about 14 inches back in the day. Wait that does not pertain to the intended subject. That being the cost of a round of practice at your clubs now a days. Had to shoot by myself as there was nobody else there. Went out and popped a 21 and a 25 which shocked me as had not shot since 2008 and was shooing a gun I had never fired before. Anyway, went back in to pay up. $10.00 a round. Is that pretty normal now? Seems like I checked the program for the Missouri state shoot and the registered birds were like 39.00 an event plus the fees. Not complaining just asking, what are you paying for a round of practice at your local ranges?

·
Premium Member
BT99
213 Posts
We're at $4 & $6, member/non-member, but three rounds is $11, four rounds will run you $14. The 'old' rate was $3.50, but no coins due to Covid concerns, so shoot four and basically pay the old rate.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Both of The cheapest clubs by me to shoot Trap and Skeet, are run my the county!!! No membership fee's. Both clubs charge about 8 dollars a round to shoot both games. Sporting Clays starts at 10 bucks per 25, or 40 bucks per hundred. Plus tax. The more expensive Sporting Clay clubs now charge up to .52 cents per target plus tax. Don't forget the 30 or 35 dollar golf cart if you want to ride around in the woods as well. The Clay target shooting sport games are not cheap by any means today. Things only took off back when covid hit as well. Shells are now about double in price. Target costs have gone up 20% or better as well. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
My least expensive club is $3/round for members. Another club is $3.50 and it matters not if you are a member. All such low priced clubs rely on volunteers to handle the operations and loading of houses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
$3.50/rd. club is losing 10 cents a round. Keeping the price low to encourage participation. Kids shoot for free. same price member and nonmember.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was anywhere between 3 and 6 dollars when I stopped. I was just curious as I thought 10 dollars a round sounded pretty high. I didn't ask if they had member and non member prices. Too shocked at the 10 bucks a round lol. I was just comparing it to registered. I went back and looked it up and the MO state shoot targets and tax are 39 bucks a hundred. I would think that 10 a round for practice would put a big kabash on shooting practice lol.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts