Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Winchester's website they recommend WST as the powder to replicate their 3 dram 1 1/8th oz load. Anyone using WST for this purpose and have any thoughts or adive to offer? I want to get as close the factory load as possible with my reloads for practice, and will use factory ammo come competition time.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
Universal clays, Unique, Solo 1250 or Winchester Super Field will duplicate the Winchester heavy factory sporting clays loads.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry, I thought u were talking about the 1300-1350 fps sporting clays loads. As for heavy target loads Green Dot, INT clays, 700X will all duplicate the heavy trap loads.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I use the Alliant recipe for Green Dot for 1200 ft/sec. I like the AA factory heavy red load but find that Super Handicap @ 1250 ft/sec is too much recoil for me.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Don't know how long it's been available but you can get Winchester Super Handicap powder from Graf and Son's. If anyone has used this powder I would like to know their opinion, thinking of trying some myself. Winchester powders are now handled by Hodgdon. You can access reloading data from them, try the link above.

Robert

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Michael,

I use to do that. Started off with all Win components and followed Win data for the ballistic equivalent loads for their 2 3/4 Dram Eq. and 3 Dram Eq. 1 1/8 oz loads.

8 years ago, I found a cheaper and more convient source of Hodgdon Int'l powder. So I started using Hodgdon Int'l for my 1 1/8 oz 3 Dram Eq. loads. For my 16 yard and 1st shot doubles practice load I went to 1 oz #8 at 1145 f/s and Clays powder. I now shoot Remington STS factory 2 3/4 Dram Eq. 1 1/8 oz #8 for 16 yard singles and 3 Dram Eq. 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 for caps when there is a trophy or money on the table.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.