Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
In Pa. there is a shortage of many components in reloading metallic cartridges. Even new ammunition is getting hard to find,the largest distributor in the state (Jerrys sport center) who has 4-5 warehouses is out of most primers, 380acp,9mm,45acp just to name a few. The question is why would Federal cartridge co. in Minnesota layoff 90 people back in Jan. if they can't keep up with demand?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Toolmaker 251 Tell us more about the layoff at Federal. Don't use there products so I don't keep informed. But who owns them, cause we know who owns Remington and a few others, makes you wonder how big the worm is that is making these tunnels in the American dream and future of our country.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I read an article from a Anoka county newspaper, Federal's largest ammunition plant suppose to be in that town. They laid off 50 employees back in Nov. and on Tue, 13, Jan. 2009 they wrote that Federal was going to let go another 80 people. They make ammunition for sportsman, police and the federal government.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I use a little mom and pop gun shop for all my reloading needs. They seem to get all the powder they want and for the most part all the primers they want.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
We have a hard time getting any kind of quantity in military size cartridges. No problem getting most powders or bullets but not much luck in getting quantities of primers. Looking for new suppliers at the present time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.