Trapshooters Forum banner

Powder Prices

3663 21
Getting tough down in South Texas, powder is up to $192 out the door for most 8lb jugs. Based on the calculator, my reloads just increased by .65 a box since I bought last time. Vendor says, what he has may be his allotment for the year and he'll have to start rationing it like he did his primers(which he is out of now).馃槀
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Getting tough down in South Texas, powder is up to $192 out the door for most 8lb jugs. Based on the calculator, my reloads just increased by .65 a box since I bought last time. Vendor says, what he has may be his allotment for the year and he'll have to start rationing it like he did his primers(which he is out of now).馃槀
Ronnie B. You might check w/ Texana Shooting Supply in Columbus. They had primers last week, and can order most powders if your patient.

Premium Member
Ronnie B. You might check w/ Texana Shooting Supply in Columbus. They had primers last week, and can order most powders if your patient.
Glad to hear that. Last time I looked, they weren't carrying much of anything the the primer line and no shotgun powder at all. Be nice if they can get a little more, I only live about 3/4 mile from them and am really tired of 200 mile round trips for supplies.

Premium Member
Brownings
Glad to hear that. Last time I looked, they weren't carrying much of anything the the primer line and no shotgun powder at all. Be nice if they can get a little more, I only live about 3/4 mile from them and am really tired of 200 mile round trips for supplies.
Yeah, but you can go on Sunday mornings and eat breakfast going and lunch on the way home.......

"much of anything the the primer line"?????

Premium Member
Yeah, but you can go on Sunday mornings and eat breakfast going and lunch on the way home.......

"much of anything the the primer line"?????
Much of anything as in, occasionally a few 100 count boxes of 209's . This was before the shortages.

Registered
Where are you finding your supplies? I live about 60 miles from you...also let me know if the Columbus location has any supplies. I would also check with 10-Ring in NW Houston. They sometimes have a few things.

I think I met you once at the Brazoria County Trap club.

Good luck and all the best.

Premium Member
Where are you finding your supplies? I live about 60 miles from you...also let me know if the Columbus location has any supplies. I would also check with 10-Ring in NW Houston. They sometimes have a few things.

I think I met you once at the Brazoria County Trap club.

Good luck and all the best.
Did you mean Charley Long's Metro Club just north of Angleton? I get down there once in awhile. Columbus (Texana) occasionally has small quantities of shotgun loading supplies, but their main shotgun oriented customers are Cowboy action shooters who don't load high quantity, and there are not that many of them, so they don't stock a lot. I have shopped trainer Hale in the past, and they are good folks, but they are having the same trouble everyone else is with getting any supplies. They've had to limit quantities on most things and that's a 200+ mile round trip for me, so I only get by there now,if I am going somewhere else in SA and can stop by. It's all catch as catch can right now.

Registered
Got lucky today. Club member was selling some stuff for a older guy that no longer can shoot. Got an 8 pound jug of Clays for $125. A large plastic tote with 500 once fired AA compression formed hulls and 2 bags of Claybuster wads for $15 total. 50 AA 28 ga. compression formed hulls, once fired, with 50 wads for $2. I was happy and so was he. H e does this every now and then, you just gotta be there when he comes. Today was my day I guess. Colonel

Supporting Vendor
Keep in mind the current high prices are transitory. They reflect the extreme imbalance between the supply chain ramping up and the hoarding. Prices will stabilize closer to normal when supply returns and the hoarders and scalpers give up.

Premium Member
Brownings
Columbus (Texana) occasionally has small quantities of shotgun loading supplies, but their main shotgun oriented customers are Cowboy action shooters who don't load high quantity, and there are not that many of them, so they don't stock a lot.
Where do the cowboy action shooters play their games?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.