Trapshooters Forum banner

Powder Is Available

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  KSL1972LLC 
#1 ·
Just a heads up to those that are in need of Clays, Tightgroup or Titewad.
Hodgdon has these and possibly others in stock and ready to ship.

#5 ·
The fact Hodgdon's website is showing powders in stock means, to me, they are shipping to their distributors and they will, in turn, be shipping to retailers. Hodgdon's website will have the highest prices you will see because they will not want to be seen as undercutting the retail channel. It will take some time for the distributors to break down a shipment from Hodgdon and repackage and reship to the retailers and for them to get the powders on their shelves, both physical and virtual. That Hodgdon has powder available on its website is a good sign things on the powder front are easing a bit. Primers; that is an entirely different matter.

#10 ·
Any regular online retailers with any in stock yet? Midway, Ballistic, Brownell's. All showing everything out of stock. Last time I needed some, Clays was nowhere to be found. I switched to Winchester WST because at the time, that was still available. Now everything is out. I cut my shooting down a whole lot to try to hold out. Has it ever been this bad before?

#15 ·
I felt the same way during the last powder shortage, but it eventually went away and powder became plentiful. That shortage was caused by a a fire taking a major chunk of production offline. It is a bit different now because the pandemic brought millions of new gun owners to the ranks at a time when an ammo production facility was all but shut down. That powder shortage lasted a couple of years and saw similar price arbitrage going on. Stuff was plentiful last fall. I'm thinking this round will be shorter than the last.

#17 ·
I was up at Kittery Trading Post last weekend. Nothing on shelves for SS reloading powder or wads. Ammo was in short supply along with patience. Two box daily maximum for ammo is the policy there. You'd think the world was ending for some customers.

Sad thing was I purchased the last two pounds of e3 just two weeks prior from them. Glad I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.