Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one of you veteran reloaders identify this powder? Not planning to use it, just curious. It was in a loader I recently purchased.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Looks like fertilizer. :18::18: But, since you ain't gonna use it, it resembles Unique (Alliant) more than anything. My two pesos.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Did it come out of what looks like a unfired factory shell at the bottom of the pic? If so, its a powder not available to reloaders, so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
568 Posts
IF the loader had both bushings in it, you could probably get an idea if its for 1 1/8 oz loads, or what. Also the powder bushing size, then look in manuals and figure out what powders "fit the scheme".
Not saying to just put shot in and load em, but you gave us a real mystery with no clues bit a picture.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The color was dark black and gray and it came in a 20 gauge loader. I bought the loader as a package deal and don't load 20 gauge. Anyway it's in the yard now. Just trying to gain some knowledge of various powders and loads.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
The color was dark black and gray and it came in a 20 gauge loader. I bought the loader as a package deal and don't load 20 gauge. Anyway it's in the yard now. Just trying to gain some knowledge of various powders and loads.
Real strong chance dirtstirrer is correct especially since it was a 20ga loader.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
22305-3_F(1).png

Looks like this but could be the bonus S version, as well.

Even if Dirt stirrer is correct . Do not use it, It really could be anything,,

DGH

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
It's nearly impossible to identify powder by its looks. You used to be able to identify Red Dot and Green Dot by the identifying colored flakes but now that we have IMR Red and Green, that's out the window. Maybe Clay Dot can be identified.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I agree, I would not use any powder unless I knew it’s identity without question. As I said I threw it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts