Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Limited quantities available at best. Hodgdon manufacturing had a fire in their dryer system and production is not expected to resume until June 2014.

Alliant is having difficulty with nitroglycerin supply and running few shifts weekly. More deliveries expected in about 2 months.

You can't hoard what isn't available!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have hit several of my favorite local places to buy powder in the past few days. All they have all the weird ones that are not big sellers. I load for pistol and rifle as well as shotgun. Many that I like...green dot, titegroup, 2400, unique, and 231 I have not seen in the better part of a year. I did an internet search last night and the same...Out of Stock! It's crazy!

Gary

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bass Pro Shop - None, Sportsmans Warehouse had two 8lb kegs of Red Dot last week, otherwise, nothing. Primers are difficult as well in Federal and Remington, Winchester can be found.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It's shotshell reloading thats out of stock everywhere. Local shops here have many primers and powders for metallic reloading, but shotshell stuff is out of stock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check out this link. It tells you who has powder in stock and what they have.

Gary

http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

·
Registered
527 Posts
Supplies have really picked back up here in the North West. I can find most anything I want now and the prices are just a little higher. Local dealer even got a pallet of 22 LR last week.
Carey in Idaho

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
It wasn't too long ago that it was the metallic reloaders who were hit with shortages and now it has migrated to the shotshell reloader.

It doesn't help Hodgdon had a fire but hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

I don't know about the rest of you but I will have at least a years supply on hand from now on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i had a few jugs of clay dot for sale on here i picked up from a wholesaler in PA. i'm going to call him this week and see if he has any E3 for some guys that need it bad being our local winter league is upon us. 3 of the 4 jugs i had extra for sale sold in 2 weeks and it took 2 weeks for the last one. but its a hot commodity and if you can get it buy what you can afford because it's likely the price will go up and doubtfully come down much.

i think we have a bout 5 jugs under the bench but with 3 guns to feed i doubt it'll last a year.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was at Gene Salomon's place on Yellowbrook road near Farmington NJ today. He has 4 lb jugs of Green Dot and E3. He has others, but those are the two I'm sure of. He's also doing some very nice looking reclaimed shot.

My first visit there, an interesting place.

Norm

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Its been going on for a year + up here in the northwest. It must finally be making its way east.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fin, Fur & Feather in Ashland, Ohio (I-71 Exit 186) generally has a decent selection of powder. I son't know what they have right now, but I bought a couple of 8lb kegs of Promo ($87.90 each). Their selection of primers is very good and I've never seen the shelves empty ($27-$30).

Their Claybuster wads are under $10 and shot is <$45/25lb. If you're in the area, it's worth a sidetrip.

My other favorite dealer, Bottom Dollar Gun & Archery in Washington Courthouse, Ohio) is expecting more powder in January.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts