Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi TM1 (Ithaca) Fixed Full with Stock Lock and a Bowen Release.
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall reading someplace that the PLASTIC Powder Baffle is preferred over the metal one. Is this correct?

Larry

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have both and prefer the metal one. I also prefer the adjustable powder and shot charge bars. I would not load without them. Paul in GINebraska.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
"I think it might depend on what powder you use, with promo I found it was best for me to not use either."

Yep. I've used one with Green Dot for 10 years. Without a baffle, my #32 bushing drops 18.8 +/- 0.3 grains. With the baffle it still averages 18.8 grains, but +/- 0.15 grains.

With either baffle I experienced very erratic drops with E3. Much more consistent with no baffle at all. Bottom line, they are not necessary but may or may not help if you're inclined to try one.

Red Product Fire hydrant Pipe Valve

Auto part Metal

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mike Downrange was having a problem with the plastic they were using for a few runs. If you contact them they say they'll replace the damaged ones. FWIW

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
The more you can stabilize a MEC loader on a sturdy bench/table the better. Operating the handle sequences in a smooth fashion the same way every time will also help with consistent powder drops.

I make sure the bar/head fits snug on the mounting bracket in the back of my MEC loaders to prevent bottles from shaking back and forth and use the rubber/brass inserts from MEC. Replace the worn out brass and rubber inserts to prevent powder migration. Some bottles also need a tad of trimming in the openings to prevent over tightening also. A lot of reloaders fail to do that part and find a bottle too tight will bind the bars travel back and forth!! We know what that leads to?

Some have figured this out and that's why we see some say it makes no difference and others saying it makes all the differences??

Hap

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.