Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just posting to see if any shooters that are going to their state and other larger shoots are seeing any powder available from vendors ect. Thanks George

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
At the Missouri State Shoot in May, they had a lot of powder (no green dot but they had red dot, 700x, promo, and a few others) at fairly normal prices. I think red dot and 700x was about 127 plus tax for 8lbs. Promo was cheaper. Didn't have to buy anything else to get it. Shot was about 36 plus tax.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I think the Powder Shortage is somewhat a bit of a marketing ploy by the manufactures. Reasoning for my comment is the last 3 shoots at the Cardinal this year. Sportsman Den had lots of powder. Unique,700X,800X,Clay Dot,Red Dot,Blue Dot,Green Dot,Promo,international Clays. Those are the ones I remember. Cash only and it wasn't cheap. $150.17 after tax for 8 lbs.
But it's hard for the clubs that I belong to have trouble finding powder. It's on order, but you have no idea as to what powder if any will show up or when it will show up. Go figure??

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
They have some 8lb green dot and 1lb claydot at the club at the Washington state shoot....but spendy the only vendor was limited to 800x not very versatile but a short trip to Cda they had about anything you wanted in 4 and 8 lb jugs reasonable but no bargains....its 103 here today and gonna be 108 tomorrow so not sure I wanna have any in the camper anyway...lol :018::127: Jerry

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys :) after going thru a time period where certain types of primers were hard to find and the sketchy powder situation I like to keep up-dated as much as I can because where Im located is alittle isolated from some larger areas. Daaaammmmnnnn Jerry do not keep any powder in the camper! It is really hot over here today too with no let up for awhile. There is a good size forest fire in the north fork area here and pretty visable from the house here.I will be interesting to see if they put limits on the fireworks action here. The vendors are not very optimistic. Who do you check out for powder in Cda ? THanks George

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know lots of Canadian shooters and you are way off base there, they don't have any more than we do and they pay a hefty premium for it.

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is Bill doing these days? THe drive to Coeur d alene ID is not far for me and would be a good excuse to kick back at the resort there for a day or 2. George

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not sure, his son brought supplies at the Hoppie, but only what people pre-ordered and no extra and was only there one day.

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I seen them there with the pre-orders but have not heard much on how Bill is doing. I think the 221 thought C da was Canada when we really just abbreviated Coeur d alene .

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
700x, Promo, e3, Red dot & Clay dot were available at the PA state shoot. Green Dot is still in short supply, though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know lots of Canadian shooters and you are way off base there, they don't have any more than we do and they pay a hefty premium for it.
That is certainly true in SW Ontario.

Both suppliers in a 1 1/2 hour radius of here do not have any shotgun powder, I was at one as recently as June 25th and confirmed that they did not have it, nor could they say when they would. I did pick up some flats of shells, the supply of factory ammo is good.

The websites have some high prices for 8 pounders, doesn't matter, they don't have it anyway.

I have been shooting for 45 years and reloading for 43+; I have seen some shortages of certain brands of wads, powder & primers for short time periods during that time, but never a time when we could not get ANY powder.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Nyla was bringing preorders but 800x was it..... The black sheep in Cda has lots of powder even Winchester super hdcp works good for hdcp loads since int clays seems non existent.. Jerry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts