Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Ktieghoff K-80 super sport one plantation, one gold super scrol
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that THERE IS OR WAS A LOT OF POWDER for sale!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
As of yesterday, Graf's is the only place with powder. Everything was $130 for 8#. BUUUTTT.......yep once again taking advantage of shooters........you gotta buy a companion product to get your powder. Case of wads, sleeve of primers, or 10 bags of shot. Ridiculous if you ask me, but whatever......

BP

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If Mike Graf did not require the purchase of a companion product we once again would be he victim of hoarders. After all if you are really buying the powder to reload with you need the rest of the components. If you are buying to hoard you are part of the problem we have been having just like the handgun and .22 ammo.:022:

·
Registered
813 Posts
BeerKing,
Not really true. May have had all other components just lacked powder ! With the short supply of powder the last year or so that happened to me. Have plenty of everything but powder.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think that Mike Graf is trying to be fair to all of his customers as well as doing what is best for his own business. I don't see anything wrong with purchasing a companion product along with powder. After all, I am still going to use those components sometime.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I've been shooting new cheap shells. There has been no powder in these parts for months. Many guys around here are getting low on powder or are out. A small supply will come in and it is all gone in a matter of a few days.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
There were plenty of people in line to buy at his required deal. If you don't care to buy it as advertised, there will for sure be someone behind you who will. After all, a case of wads at a good price is not a terrible thing to have.

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Are you guy's finally seeing the powder picture???? Your government is turning the powder faucet on and off at will as I've said to you going on two years.

Most all of you said this past winter the shortage is over and by spring there will a flood of powder!! Really............................... Graf's is doing exactly what a (good businessman) should do to protect the wellfare of his company, if you're blind to that, well to bad. Write your congressman and give he or she an earful.

Surfer

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
If Mike Graf did not require the purchase of a companion product we once again would be he victim of hoarders. After all if you are really buying the powder to reload with you need the rest of the components. If you are buying to hoard you are part of the problem we have been having just like the handgun and .22 ammo.:022:
BS, hoarding has nothing to do with it. The distributors can't even get powder. The manufacturers are obviously changing the powder flow to bigger customers... like the makers of all these cheap promo shells everyone shoots now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mike is doing it for 1 reason. And that is to take advantage and make as much money off people as possible. I don't have a problem with Graf's, I love their store and frequent it often to buy my supplies. Just don't like that they are forcing our hand to spend more than we need to at a given time. Funny, I can go to the store right now and buy everything they have at the Grand for $10 cheaper, no companion product required.......just saying

BP

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
bpcatch22 why don't you go into business selling powder and components transporting all that stuff from your warehouse or store to the Grand paying vender fees, food, shelter and transportation to and from and tell me how the business costs are the same as your established facility, they aren't. No one forces you to do anything and Mike certainly isn't taking advantage of anyone, it's obvious powder is still in short supply and plenty of reloaders are just happy to find a source, that in it's self add's value to the product.

I love you guy's who have alway's worked for someone else and had a paycheck handed to you and don't have clue how the owner was able to employ you.

Surfer

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I have pissed off several people in the last 2 years because when I do get some powder in I get people that have never bought from me calling about getting 8 lbs' of powder and when I tell them No I get called everything under the sun. I sell the small quantity of powder I do get to my regular customers.
I agree the ones that are complaining should open a shop selling components and quit their day job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So since powder is in short supply, and they are a source, that makes the product worth more? I don't agree.

Transporting it to the Grand, vendor fees, and so on, maybe so. I myself don't need any at the moment, so anybody else that needs some, can buy all they want, and the complimentary extra products they have to purchase even if they don't need them, I really don't care. I'll go to the store and buy mine, or somewhere else if I can. Don't matter to me.

These are just MY opinions and thoughts, that's all.
Have a nice day.......

BP

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
bpcatch22 you are a catch 22 as you talk out out of both sides of your mouth. It's quite clear you are not a customer for Graf's which is your choice, however to make unfounded derogatory remarks about someone's legitimate business practices is way off base. What you have said may be your opinions but used no thought to formulate them.

Supply and demand always, I repeat always dictates price, if you don't understand this. you've been living under a rock.

Surfer

·
Registered
22 Posts
It amazes me how you think you know me because i have an opinion about something! Making it personal because i dont agree with something somebody else is doing?

Used no thought to formulate my opinions? Wow, I don't agree with what they are doing at the Grand, so I didn't buy anything there. MY CHOICE.

Will that keep me from going to their store tomorrow to get powder without having to buy extras? NO. Again, MY CHOICE.

I am a customer of Graf's, and buy 75% of my reloading supplies there at their store, Where I am not FORCED to buy something to get something else.

If YOU want to go spend $300+ to get your jug of $130 powder, YOU go right ahead. Don't care, don't matter to me, do what YOU want to do, simple as that......

That is all

BP

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was there Wed. I sure don't blame him for making a living. What these guys aren't saying is that he has some really good prices on the combo. His primers started @ 109.95 for a sleve of Cheddites and the Aliant powders were
129.95 for 8 # jugs. His magnum shot was reasonably priced as well. He actually is doing all of us a favor and making a living also. I don;t believe his help came free or the fuel from Mo. was free either. Try and buy that online and see if you can get it for less. Hell no. You should think him instead of crying all the time. Or better yet start your own component
business.

Mac

1 - 19 of 19 Posts