Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,604 Posts
Weed is definitely a performance enhancing drug when it comes to the clay target sports.

I am NOT speaking from personal experience (the hardest drug I've ever taken was the single Tylenol PM I took the other night to fight my head cold LOL), but from having witnessed (unknowingly at the time, only discovered well after the fact) its beneficial effects for others, and having been told by people who have used it as such over the years.

Many shooting achievements need to be marked with an * because of it.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope I don't win the same trophy (if that's what you call it} again at the Silver Dollar. Makes a great TV antenna. LOL

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh, it's the same 'ol story we've heard since the 60's.....only those who have never gone there are the one's who think it's the devil......but they will pound those suds all day long.

Boys, I advise you keep your mouth shut unless you have been there, and speak from experience.

It's my opinion that like other "intoxicants" pot is no worse or better than any of them......for some it will be heroin, and others, just a beer. You need to be able to figure out which, and act accordingly.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
If you think drunk drivers are bad, just wait until the pot heads are behind the next wave of DUI's that kill innocent people.

Washington state is already wheeling in the huge increase!!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
thanks Gene, you are so correct. With all of the destructive and addictive drugs out there today I can't believe people are still worried about something as benign as pot.

It would NOT enhance anyones shooting ability. More likely to just slow you down and lose focus in my opinion, but your results may vary.
Bill

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wonder what the cost on the street price is compared to the legal dispensary fee. In the late 60s I think it was 30 an oz.( my students gave me that info ) , have no clue what it is today and don't care. It did not help when I was on chemo in 1983.

Rich Kaplan- chemist

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
skeet_man.. I don't know where you got "performance enhancement drug" from but you better either pick up a bong pipe and try it or look it up on google. Also, I believe that I read a statistic that most weed is smoked in a controlled environment and most smokers do not desire to drive. Welcome to the 21st century!

blade819

·
Registered
13,604 Posts
Blade- First hand knowledge of a shooter who used it for exactly that, and with marked success (unfortunately as naive as I am, I only learned about it well after the fact). Ended a 6 year + friendship because of it.

I took your advice (about googling it), and googled "marijuana performance enhancing drug", and the first result on google is, "Yes, Marijuana Can Be a Performance Enhancing Drug".

The primary benefit would be chilling you out and lowering your sense of apprehension or worry.

Obviously you'd have to experiment and find the right "dosage", but once you did, it would DEFINITELY give you an unfair advantage.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I think there is a lot more here on this forum that have smoked a little weed than are actually gonna admit it. In my opinion marijuana is less harmful(personal experience? Perhaps) than alcohol which is perfectly legal. However, weed is still against Federal law and until that changes you risk a permanent mark on your record which could lead to losing your right to own and possess firearms.

Just Say'n....,,

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
It never enhanced my performance. However, I haven't indulged in it for a long, long time due to me having a DoD Security Clearance. However, with the new strains that they now have with about triple the THC count from when I smoked it last, who knows what it will enhance. :eek:) But I can tell you that if I still lived in Colorado Springs and still had the right shoulder pain that I had for a year after surgery while there, I would have gotten a prescription from my Orthopedic. Beats oxcoytin for sure.

blade819

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
RB, the subject at hand is not "smoke crack cocaine, shoot heroine, drink a quart in one night" as you stated. Smoking pot is not the same as using cocaine or drinking. And, yes I have seen numerous crashes that resulted in death. Worked many wrecks in 20 years driving a wrecker and pulling for the police department, county sheriff and hiway patrol. So, you are not the only one to see death first hand. But I can say I have never seen one that was caused by smoking a joint, have you?

GneJ

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
blade said, "read a statistic that most weed is smoked in a controlled environment"

Yep that makes alot of sense for being a OK past time!!

Alcohol is drank in a "controlled environment" too!!

Then there is trapshooting hippie!

"If ya haven't tried it, then you can not make a well informed statement of fact."

Me thinks two have had to much wackie tobaccie!!

You need to look no further then the "mug shots" of the live ones!!

Oh ya, brain cells are a terrible thing to waste!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts