Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting this to hopefully help ts.com members get their info and questions out in the correct place so that they will be easy to find and get the view that they want. If you are listing a clinic or have spots open please put them in the Events/Shoot Informations section. We have added a clinic tag to that section so if you are looking for a spot or have a clinic to let shooters know about please look for it and post it there. If you are a shooter that likes to go to fun shoots/meat shoots/games ect. please look in the Shoot information section and if you have info on where the latest fun shoot is in your area please by all means post it!!! You do NOT have to have a ATA event to post in that section and we would love to have your shooting event posted there :) Compared to some forums TS.com is pretty easy to navigate and you do not need a GPS to get to the sub-forums we appreciate your quality content and getting things in the right place. If you have questions feel free to PM me. Thanks,and shoot well, George

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
George, shouldn't your thread looking for a Rock River Arms have been posted in the "Wanted to Buy" forum? I can understand a separate forum for "Off Topic" or "Politics" as they might not have anything to do with "Shooting Related" but it could be argued that most everything else is Shooting Related, that's a pretty broad area.

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In ref. to the Rock River, I was seeking input from people who have used/owned one so more of a request for information on something Im interesting in purchasing :) I agree just about everything we have on here can be shooting related.Mainly what is trying to be done is to get a few things in the sub-forums to make them easier not harder to find and get ts.com member to look at the whole forum especially the Events/Shoot-Info/section . It was mentioned to me that the reason many posted shoot and clinic info in the shooting related was that they were concerned about views so by my initial thread here Im just trying to make more ts.com members aware of and use the Events section which also now has a clinic tag too. In ref. to active topics PM me ideas or concerns and I can work on something that might be a issue there. Again thanks for the input George

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
It's hard to believe, I know, but as recently as nine months ago of so we had an all-in-one forum with (as I remember) virtually no sub-forums at all and it worked just fine. We just piled it all into one big disorganized heap and sorted through it on our own with no guidance, no advisors, no "correct forum" monitors at all. Is there anyone here who had a problem with that? Is there anyone here who would not like to go back to that?

There is plenty to like about the new system - primarily, in my case, the ease with which images can be posted mid-post, which was always a problem with the previous system. The search system is better too, when it works which it sometimes does. What we have paid for that is, among other things, the ability to point to a specific post without involving the whole thread , which made it easy to email a link to what we wanted, not the whole thing. And the freedom to just scroll for something of interest, a poster of interest, a sale of something we might not have thought about for a decade and weren't really shopping anyway but, heck, I want another one of them, I loved the one I had but can't find anymore!

I'm sure there is a market for a forum software product which had the disorder we all liked and yet the posting improvements of this one. There must be one somewhere . . .

Neil

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I understand where a lot of members are coming from, the format that we have is what we have to work with at this time so Im trying to make the most of it and help out :) To look on the positive side Im glad that they did not choose a format where there is a sub-cat. for every brand of shotgun/firearm----educational type---ammo type---shoot type---ect. I have seen forums with over 30 sub forums.In my origonal post to start this thread Im really trying to just encourage ts.com members to use the whole forum especially the Shoot Info and events and get those areas the views they deserve there. Thanks George

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's hard to believe, I know, but as recently as nine months ago of so we had an all-in-one forum with (as I remember) virtually no sub-forums at all and it worked just fine. We just piled it all into one big disorganized heap and sorted through it on our own with no guidance, no advisors, no "correct forum" monitors at all. Is there anyone here who had a problem with that? Is there anyone here who would not like to go back to that?

There is plenty to like about the new system - primarily, in my case, the ease with which images can be posted mid-post, which was always a problem with the previous system. The search system is better too, when it works which it sometimes does. What we have paid for that is, among other things, the ability to point to a specific post without involving the whole thread , which made it easy to email a link to what we wanted, not the whole thing. And the freedom to just scroll for something of interest, a poster of interest, a sale of something we might not have thought about for a decade and weren't really shopping anyway but, heck, I want another one of them, I loved the one I had but can't find anymore!

I'm sure there is a market for a forum software product which had the disorder we all liked and yet the posting improvements of this one. There must be one somewhere . . .

Neil
Neil
Often times I don't agree with your point of view, but one the all in one forum I agree with you 100% and I know that many of the local and regulars now don't very often even punch onto Trap Shooter. Com.

Also in a recent conversation with Brad Dysinger he said that since the new people have bought this site he does not post on here or even read the posts.

I realize there are new owners and they can do business as they see fit, but some folks liked the old system better and like him or dislike him I believe we need Dr. Longshot back.
Just my opinion, whats yours?

Dave Berlet

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
We just piled it all into one big disorganized heap and sorted through it on our own with no guidance, no advisors, no "correct forum" monitors at all. Is there anyone here who had a problem with that?
Unfortunately yes, the guy who bought the joint. He must be a descendant of Melvil Dewey.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Also in a recent conversation with Brad Dysinger he said that since the new people have bought this site he does not post on here or even read the posts.

I realize there are new owners and they can do business as they see fit, but some folks liked the old system better and like him or dislike him I believe we need Dr. Longshot back.

For what possible reason?? He's blabbering on your forum. He's a big wheel there. The hate. He should stay there. That is, unless the other forum is a failure??

Nothing but ATA hate came from him. And Dysinger is in the same boat, stating that exact same thing on this forum.. Relentlessly railing about narrower angles and softer targets causing reduced participation. The very same targets that some people set, when the rules stated otherwise.. One of your buddies recently and blatantly admitted that on this very forum...

·
Registered
476 Posts
For what possible reason?? He's blabbering on your forum. He's a big wheel there. The hate. He should stay there. That is, unless the other forum is a failure??

Nothing but ATA hate came from him. And Dysinger is in the same boat, stating that exact same thing on this forum.. Relentlessly railing about narrower angles and softer targets causing reduced participation. The very same targets that some people set, when the rules stated otherwise.. One of your buddies recently and blatantly admitted that on this very forum...
Dear Mr cheesehead it appears that if you would look in the mirror you might realize that you have a seat in that hate boat as most of your comments on here have no substance other than explaining that other posters are not nearly as good at making negative comments as you are. Maybe your cheesehead hat fits a little too tight? LOL Have a good and sunny day.

Dave Berlet

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not hijacking, however, it appears that there are a number of shared page looks, log in, etc. with the Americantrapshooters site. Is there common ownership or perhaps the entity that set up the two sites for the respective owners used similar programming etc.?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts