Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I recently started moving to L and M frames and lenses. I was a Post 4 user and small dealer for quite a few years and with Mike Rinard's passing Post 4 to my knowledge has shut down so I was looking hard for another brand of Frames and Lenses to not only use myself but to recommend to students and customers.

After doing quite a bit of research I decided to go with the All American Frames and Lenses. I just received a 3 lens set for my dad that was done to his prescription and he is very happy and likes them a lot. He is pretty picky but likes the fit--they ride high on his nose and the lenses were cut right the first time with no issues.

Initial contact on the L and M's were recommended to me by the Bartholow's and I feel it was a good one. I will keep you posted as I get further into the product line.

That was from this thread
http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/lm-shooting-glasses-reviews.756065/

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I live a couple of hours north of Lewiston (where post4 is located) a couple of weeks ago I heard there was no succession plan for the company. That sucks because Mike was a great guy, and I think they made a great product.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Ranger XLW's thru Morgan Optical, as I to had dealt with Mike for @ 10 years. Wayne was great to deal with and pricing was in line with other Ranger Dealers.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
There are a couple of places that advertise Post4 style lenses. I believe L&M is one of them.
L&M said they will continue making lenses for Post 4 frames. Ordered a pair last week and am very pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Recently visited Apple Eye Care in LaGrande, Oregon. Julie with Apple is part of a trapshooting family and has brought that experience with her to the LaGrande office. Part of her past experience was in cooperative and collaborative work with Mike R of Post 4. I had a scratched set of lens's she is replacing under warranty and I had a set of frames not quite up to "snuff" and she took care of them also. I know now the fit of frame to lens is just as important as correctness of prescription. She took the time to examine and fit my remaining frame to accept properly my prescription and Plano lens's. I suspect a call to here would be beneficial if you are experiencing issues with your shooting glasses........... Larry

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I was at the Grand last year looking for lenses for Post 4. Nobody had the color I was looking for, but at the Morgan Optical store he showed me that Randolph Rangers fit very nicely in the Post 4 frames.

So I bought what I needed. The bottom shape is ever so slightly different but the important part where they connect to the frames is the same.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Just visited Julie at Apple Eye Care here in LaGrande....... ordered lenses for my Post4 glasses and talked to her a bit about my eye issues. She had already taken some measurements and provided me with some lenses. I explained my vision challenges and she indicated she is working on a concept in lenses that will allow an individual like myself to see the bird AS IT LEAVES THE TRAPHOUSE not when it clears the horizon or background...... I am anxiously waiting for here completion of this project.......... Larry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.