Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those visiting the USA and bringing a firearm into the states temporarily to attend a shoot.

The ATF is showing a projected 3 month ATF Form 6NIA processing time, due to staffing shortages and number of applications to process.

I was already told of one shooter who had a 29 day wait to receive his approved application. Many last year were seeing one and two week turn a rounds.

Submit your application now, even if not sure if you will be attend a shoot in the states.

Canadians (NON VISA) do not need a hunting license nor a shoot invitation to apply.

http://www.losttarget.com/form6.html

* The present form does not reflect this, but ATF will process per conversation. I have a written letter into the ATF asking for a projected publication date for the updated application.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Thanks, Joe. I renewed mine last June and it took six days to process. I also submitted it last year without the letter or license. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any Canadian that has applied for a Form 6 after the US Goverment shut down, please advise if you have received an approval of your application. and when you applied for the Form 6. Thanks AJJ in Calgary.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a current form, but needed to resubmit for two new guns. When I read Joe's post I faxed it in the same day (wed Jan 8). Hopefully I'll have it for the spring team shoot in Mason Mi. I'll post here when the form comes back.

I'm pretty sure a couple guys at the club did their 6's after the gov shutdown in Oct and have gotten them back. I'll ask around.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just contacted by a lady who FAXED the application three times. Three times the ATF stated they did not receive it.

She has been sending them in for the past seven years.

She just today, emailed it in as an attachment. I suggested she do a follow-up call in the AM and see if it was received.

Anyway, if you don't hear anything after two or three weeks, give them a call and at least make sure it's sitting in an inbox.

Phone: (304) 616-4550

Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST

Monday through Friday (except federal holidays)

--------------

Seems were going back to when the system was first set up. FAX applications not being received, long (excessive) processing times....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all. My wife and I sent in our applications on Nov 20/2013 and received confirmation by e-mail AND Fax on Dec 12/2013.
Rick.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
BATF delays are getting longer and longer. Right now NFA forms are taking ten months to process.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: I've never had a problem with

It's not if you ever had a problem.

The ATF has warned you may see a three month delay in processing the application. You won't have a leg to stand on if it takes that long as they covered there backside.

Do we expect for anyone to see three months, not likely, but those who got use to waiting until the last minute and getting it back in a few weeks (and in some cases a few days) may be out of luck.

It does not cost you anything to apply. If your even thinking of crossing the border with your firearm, apply now!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Our group of shooters applied back on January 6. Hopefully it doesn't take 3 months. Some of the boys plan on shooting the Southern Grand in March.

A. Bassan
Newfoundland, Canada

·
Registered
865 Posts
Last year I submitted March 8 2013 and it was approved March 14 2013.

That was probably the quickest turn around I experienced.

It typically took 2 -3 weeks.

Shawn

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RE: Tried to fax mine today and the fax would not answer

A lady contacted me last week. Three times it was indicated it was received at the other end, but each time she called they said they never received it.

I suggested Email. She ended up using the email address that she had from last year when they sent her approved application back via email, not via FAX.

She never got back to me, so I will guess that worked for her.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Mine was faxed...in duplicate this afternoon....so we'll see when I get it back...and hopefully approved....this is my first attempt so I have no expectations as it involves dealing with the US gummint...

Ron Burr

1 - 20 of 38 Posts