Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I would like your opinion on a possible 3 way trade for a Model 12 trap gun. A few years ago, I gave most of my trap guns to my son in law. These guns were for himself and my three grandsons. Recently, I decided that I wanted to go back to shooting my old pre 64 model 12 trap gun made in 1964 with the Red W grip cap in like new condition so I asked my son in law if I could shoot it for awhile?

He said that I could, but what he really wanted was a Remington 3200 bird gun with 32 inch barrels marked full and full. I told him a friend of mine has one in like new condition that he does not shoot.

The three way trade I have in mind is for my son in law to give me back my model 12 trap if I could get my friend to trade him the 3200. I spoke to my friend and he is considering in trade taking the Remington 870 D grade trap gun for his 3200.

If I go along with this deal what is worth more, the like new 870 D grade trap gun or the Remington 3200 bird gun which is also in mint condition?

I do not want my son in law or my friend to be taken on the deal so if one is worth more than the other cash will be paid. I do not have a price book but I suspect the bird gun is worth more.
Anyone know?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Steve,
Only buyer and seller have to be happy with any purchase/trade, rest of world does not matter.
If everyone is happy that is involved go for it,good luck.

PS
Still locking up and getting kicked out of TS.com

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to shooting my old model 12 again. I can not remember if this is the model 12 that I had herb Orre do the choke or not. Regardless it's a smoke pole. Now that I think about it, my Herb Orre choked barrel I sold to a guy years ago so this model 12 barrel has not be touched. Can't remember things like I use to.
Steve

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DGH:
You are not to far off the mark. The reason I am going back to shooting the Model 12 is to possibly jump start my desire to shoot again. My shooting friends are either dead or no longer shoot. My two 870's lately do not hit much. If Jesus Christ shot my 870's he'd be in class D. I am looking to get the magic back. The magic for me is breaking a 20.
Steve

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
NOT knocking a M12, had 3 of them, good guns. But just a few months ago you said your 870s were the cats meow. Do what Vic Rienders told you to do, take 1 gun & marry it. I've done that (swapped guns) several times SBTs--O&Us--semi autos--870s--31s--etc. always wind up going back to a pump. M31TC for about the last 35\40 years now. Good luck whichever choose. Ross

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Senior smoke, I saw this D grade Remington 11-87 @ Jaquas. I know it isn't an 870 trap, but it gives you a ballpark value.
Jaquas

I have always like the Rem 3200. I thought the Live bird 3200's were 28" barrels. I have never seen a 32" model. I would think that it would be a rare bird.

Doug

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Sounds as if it would be equal if all parties are happy with the trade. Every one gets what they want value gun to gun shouldn't have that much impact

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
I remember as a 10 yr old doing a similar bicycle trade. I had a Huffy 3-speed and ended up with a Schwinn Stingray. My dad wasn't happy. Parents just don't get it....

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
DBl Auto:
Doug after your response about never hearing about a 32 inch barrel bird gun I called my friend and had him measure the barrels. The barrel is a 30 inch not 32 inch. The chokes were modified and full not full and full. My friend said he has not looked at this gun since the early 80's and that's why he thought they were 32" barrels with full and full chokes.

I received a PM from someone who stated a bird gun is most likely work $2,000-$3,000. If that's the case I am not willing to pay that amount to get my old Model 12 back seeing that I no longer shoot that much.

I spoke to my son in law and he said I can shoot the model 12 if I do not want to make the trade and once I pass away my wife can give him back the gun. I asked my son in law why he wanted a 3200 bird gun? He said he had some plans for it. I said don't tell me, for some reason it may be best that I don't know.
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,259 Posts
Well Steve, Sometimes 3-ways can get complicated!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dukefan:
My friend said if I still want to do the trade even up he would as he doesn't shoot the 3200. I refuse to take advantage of people especially friends. I need to think about this a bit more.
Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts