Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting my o/u barrels ported and am looking for pics and opinions on who to go to. Pro port, angle port are names that I see a lot on here, and since I understand whomever bought out top line is no longer doing this, I'm looking for second option and looking for best quality. Please respectfully do not clutter this up with why I shouldn't port, it's getting done, I just need opinions on where to go. Thanks

Jeff Graupp

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If you have a B&D drill, do it yourself...The end result will be the same...

·
Banned
996 Posts
The end result would be harder to clean with no known benefit for having them. Just my opinion. Maybe a little barrel rise and that's it.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Don't !!! It's not the edge your looking for.

If your coming out of the gun on the first shot, porting is not the answer.

If wealth and gimmicks could buy targets, only the rich would win.

Buy a used ported barrel if you must, they go cheap.

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
I've had good results with Proport. I have a 1100 barrel that will be getting pro-ported sometime in the next couple months.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Spend yer $$'s on ammo, steaks, good scotch, gas for your ride...anything but porting....no benefit and reduces the value of your gun.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If you think you have to have the barrels ported at least only do the barrel you use for the first shot on a two shot venue.

If there are any advantages to porting it would be a waste of money to have a barrel ported that is used for first and only shot or a last shot.

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
561 Posts
Go for the pigeon porting from pro port...more holes the better. Now that you have less metal at the end of your barrel, the gun balance will be off. More to think about. LMAO! Save your $$$$$$$$$$$ bro.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Truth is I love to clean my gun and the noise is of no concern, as after 500K rounds I'm stone deaf!! Thanks for all the feedback and I'm a believer in porting, hence why I asked for who to do it, not whether, But thanks!!!

Jeff Graupp

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Browning ports their target guns for the sole purpose of getting more money out of the sucker buyimg their guns..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Browning only ports the guns sold here.

The guns sold in Europe are not ported.

Apparently U.S. customers can be sold on anything.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My whole squad's deafer than me, so again noise not a concern...LOL

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
My O/U Has been done by Angle Port in AR. It is angled, slot shaped ports. They did a great job as far as the workmanship is concerned.

Porting my barrel really did not do much, except make the gun louder and blow debris on the guy next to me when I shoot piece protection. I really could not tell any softer recoil. On that gun I had Ken Rucker install his bump buster recoil system. That did make a huge difference, and I am very happy with that system.

If I had it to do over, I would not have had my barrel ported.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts