Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being stuck in the house has finally gotten to me, so I decided to take care of one of my pet peeves: primers not dr0ping into the chute. Bought micro vibrating motor (2 for $8.99 on Amazon), fashioned a bracket
from a wire clamp and JP weld and attached to underside of primer tray. Everything else was in the junk
drawer: old phone charger for power, a couple of burglar alarm reed switches and old phone wire. I set it up to activate on the down stroke and it worked so well that I did both machines. Now, lets all hope that this pandemic situation improves soon so we can get back to normal. Stay safe everyone. Doc

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Very nice
Amazing what we can do after the honey-doo's are done.. I am going stir crazy but will be in my loading room shortly

Again very nice.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well done! I’ve been slowly accumulating the parts to make my own primer tray vibrator. All I need now is a female plug to fit the power supply and I can give it a try. I will say that a pancake style vibrato motor doesn’t have the power needed for the job

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes, sadly this is from experience. Got mine from a local electronics shop, so maybe there’s a bigger one out there with more energy. Would have been great if it worked. Right now I have a motor out of a video game controller with a eccentric weight on the shaft. It’s 5V and I found a 5V AC adaptor at a surplus store. I need to find the female plug it fits into so I can power it up

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a Tatoko N20 DC vibration motor (3VDC) from Amazon-2 for $8.99 as stated above, having read on various posts that the pancake cell phone vibrators didn't have enough juice. I just cut off the plug on the power supply and spliced and soldered the wires etc.
Also posting more pictures of the "home-made" 366 Hydro unit that I bought here on TS a few years ago. All I can tell you about it is that the motor is wired to run in both directions, and that the cylinder is actually pneumatic(not hydraulic) and made by Clippard. The original cylinder developed a very small leak, and although it worked just fine, I installed a new one which ran about $44. Biggest problem was slowing down the indexing so as to not trap the primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I removed part of the outer ring so that the shells could easily be removed from the first few stations in order to weigh powder or stop a train wreck. The screw is just there to keep the spring holder from spinning around since the ring is gone. The picture above is on a 12 GA press, but I am attaching a photo of a sub gauge press with the sash wire to keep the shells in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Very nice
Amazing what we can do after the honey-doo's are done.. I am going stir crazy but will be in my loading room shortly

Again very nice.[/QUOTE
I bet the Honey Do List isn't even close to being done!! Every time I think I have the list complete she gives me the unredacted update!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What does this Rube Goldburg device do and what kind of loader is it attached to?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What does this Rube Goldburg device do and what kind of loader is it attached to?
It is on a Ponsness press amd causes the primer feeder to vibrate, which sends the primers down the primer feeder track.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Also noticed in above video there is a foam arm attached to the wad holder that taps primer feed each time press is cycled.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Finger tapping works, but when you get in a rhythm its a pain to stop and tap the tray to refill the chute. Plus figuring out a solution to this is a fun little side project

1 - 20 of 24 Posts