Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Ponsness Warren Multomatic Model 600. I am also new to reloading. As I’m searching for instructional videos on the PW 600, I’m getting the sense the PW 600 may not be the best starter reloader! I was really looking for a single stage press as a beginner, but the PW 600 kinda fell in my lap. As part of the purchase, I also got 1000s of hulls, wads, primers, and powder, which made me feel better about the purchase considering hulls, wads, primers and powder are extremely hard to find right now. Does anyone on this forum have experience with the PW 600? Does anyone know where I can go for manuals, instructional videos, and advice?

·
Banned
12,991 Posts
The expert is Whiz White. You need to call him. His website is here: www.swsupply.com. For some reason, his website isn't coming up for me, but you can search for his phone number.

There are a couple of YouTube videos on it and some threads here that I found with Google Search.

Giterdun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The expert is Whiz White. You need to call him. His website is here: www.swsupply.com. For some reason, his website isn't coming up for me, but you can search for his phone number.

There are a couple of YouTube videos on it and some threads here that I found with Google Search.

Giterdun.
Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had a PW 600 multi matic reloader bought from a bulk buy out and it was the hardest loader that I had to trouble shoot and get working.The manual is not much help,IMHO,so you have to use OJT to get it working the way you want it to?There were 4 adjustments to get that slanted index rod to work properly,not too much tension and not too little,this is going back from memory?You never want to force the issue with too much tension as you can break the cast assembly and you probably will never find another one?With the right tension,the rod will either slip on the forward stroke or the backward stroke,you will see there are spring loaded ball bearing tension adjustments on the assembly.Properly set,the rod will slip out and stop with too much tension and when set right,the machine will index every time,with no problem.I had a 12ga with a 20 ga conversion kit also which I got working and sold at a bargain price,hope this helps,Creeker.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I have a PW 600 12/20 gauge without the auto index.
It is the most cumbersome reloader I have ever used!
I would not recommend it for new loaders.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The 600 I had was with the auto index,which,had a weak hold down spring to keep it in sync,this was another problem,that threw me for a while,as it would do it sporatically,it is not a loader,that should be used by a new reloader,by any means,IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a PW 600 multi matic reloader bought from a bulk buy out and it was the hardest loader that I had to trouble shoot and get working.The manual is not much help,IMHO,so you have to use OJT to get it working the way you want it to?There were 4 adjustments to get that slanted index rod to work properly,not too much tension and not too little,this is going back from memory?You never want to force the issue with too much tension as you can break the cast assembly and you probably will never find another one?With the right tension,the rod will either slip on the forward stroke or the backward stroke,you will see there are spring loaded ball bearing tension adjustments on the assembly.Properly set,the rod will slip out and stop with too much tension and when set right,the machine will index every time,with no problem.I had a 12ga with a 20 ga conversion kit also which I got working and sold at a bargain price,hope this helps,Creeker.
Thanks Creeker. Really appreciate the response.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Damn, everybody tells you it is not a good loader and hard for a beginner . But you still keep at it it. Why ask if you don't listen. I bet Whiz will say the same thing.

·
Premium Member
Brownings
1,004 Posts
Damn, everybody tells you it is not a good loader and hard for a beginner . But you still keep at it it. Why ask if you don't listen. I bet Whiz will say the same thing.
If it is the only thing he has, why not? Can he get any value for it if he sells it?

·
Banned
12,991 Posts
Joe, that website doesn’t work for me either. Do you happen to have his contact information?
Search for S & W Supply Company. You should find contact info. I looked through his thumb drive of documentation and found nothing for your model number. Perhaps it is the black sheep of the PW brand. Whiz will be honest with you. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
It was one of PW first attempt at a progressive reloader.
According to PW, they have no parts for it and do not support it.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
For those that don't know Jim took down the PW part of his business

• The P/W Instructions portion of my website has been removed. I sevefred my relationship with the people at P/W
    For any reloaders problem assistance, contact the factory. At this time I am no longer helping non-customers, but still sell parts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts